WORK?

Ms.Traci C.
on 9/11/06 1:59 am - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
When does everyone return to work?? Traci
pattyg
on 9/11/06 4:45 am - Springfield, IL
I have been back at work for quite awhile now! i returned part time a week after surgery and full time the second week. It was hard becuase I was SO tired all day, but my energy is finally returning and i can make it through the day AND still have energy when I get home! YOU should take as much time as you and your doctor think is necessary!
Ms.Traci C.
on 9/11/06 7:55 am - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
Wow...I am glad you are doing better. I couldn't imagine going back to work now...whew. They would have to come looking for me.... Hugs, Traci
Patricia R.
on 9/11/06 6:16 am - Perry, MI
It depends on whether you had open or lap. I had open and was told 4-6 weeks. Given that I am two weeks out and feelilng like a wet dishrag, I am not upset about this. Talk to the doc. He/she is the expert on this and knows your case better than anyone. Good luck, Trish
Ms.Traci C.
on 9/11/06 7:53 am - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
Hi Trish, I wasn't asking when "I" should return to work.... . I asked when you or everyone else was returning to work. I return to work October 2. Hugs, Traci
burgundylady2003
on 9/11/06 11:26 am - small town, Canada
Hi Traci, I will be returning about Sept 28, one month after surgery. I think I will try to go in a couple of half days that last week I am off. I am a teacher and need to get my energy up for the little darlings! Cindy
Ms.Traci C.
on 9/11/06 11:55 am - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
Whew! Cindy...that is hard work. I can't imagine. Hugs, Traci
PMedic8991
on 9/11/06 11:04 pm - Joppatown, MD
I am a supervisor for a ambulance company, so since I sit in an office most of the time I came back full-time 2 weeks post-op. I was released for full-duty as of 09.05.06. I feel great. I was getting tired sitting at home, so now that I keep myself busy I am feeling better and better each day! I am going to the gym at least 3 times a week (although the past week and it looks like this week too, I will be there 5-6 times in a week). I found that once I started moving and getting back into my normal routine the more energy I got! Best of luck to everyone...hope your recovery is smooth and trouble free! Leslie
Ms.Traci C.
on 9/12/06 1:08 am - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
Leslie, That is good to know that the energy level increases when you get back to a normal routine...that is my fear. Right now I am getting 10 hours of sleep at night and a daily nap....whew! Hugs, Traci
Pam P.
on 9/12/06 2:33 am - LaGrange, GA
I only stayed out one week, then worked half days last week and Im struggling to work all day this week, but that is so hard......Im so TIRED all the time.... of course I go on vacation beginning tomorrow so if I can just make it until 5 today I will be ok.... But my surgery was lap not open, and I must say sitting at my desk isnt comfortable at all..........I simply cant wait to get home and SNOOZE!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 791 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views