Anyone Struggling

(deactivated member)
on 9/11/06 11:21 am - Florence, KY
My surgery was 8/23 and I was doing great until this weekend. I started puking up blood and so I called the doctor. He said to stay on clear liquids until Monday and they were going to get me set up for a endoscopy. At my two week post op visit last Thursday I was 25 lbs down. Wow. I have an appointment on Tues at 1:30 for a review by the doctor who will be doing the scope. This whole thing sounds like oh so much fun!
Ms.Traci C.
on 9/11/06 2:05 pm - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
Sherryl, I am so sorry...what do they think it is?? How scary! Saying a prayer for you. Hugs, Traci
Jen F.
on 9/12/06 5:58 am - Minneapolis, MN
Man, am I! Water is really tough. I'm managing to get almost all of my protein in with the help of milk (which also counts towards my liquids). I'm supposed to get 43g protein and 64oz liquid. 8oz milk = 8g protein. 5C milk = 40oz liuid = 40g protein
jkfullerva
on 9/13/06 5:29 am - Virginia Beach, VA
I am seriously struggling with protein, water is no problem that is about all I can get down that and popsicles. Cold stuff hurts except the popsicles. I had wicked bruising and my sites don't hurt the the skin between two of them to the right of my belly button is ultra sensitive. I can't handle waist bands for long. I fell in the shower my first night home and have a lump on my "sit upon" the size of a bowling ball and my shoulder is all bruised and swollen that hurts far more than any of my lap sites. I get so stressed about getting in all the required amounts my anxiety kicks up and my stomach hurts more, the depression meds were killing me so they have RX some liquid stuff. Are you as sick of crushed pills as I am? I hide it in pudding, yogurt , jello didn't work so good.
cj29
on 9/14/06 6:23 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Traci, I'm 16 days Post Op and am down 22 lbs. I have a hard time too with my H2O and Protein. I have now incorperated as my Dr allows, I drink up until I start eating. If I have a water based food, ex: broth, egg drop soup, etc.. I will drink 30-45mins after. I will wait the full hour if I "eat" a thicker food like low fat yogurt or s/f pudding in 1 oz cups though. I am eating 2 to 3x a day since my DR said now only eat when hungry along with 1 protein shake (Hank's Protein shake) a day. I just order (New Whey Protein viuals) which have 25 grams of protein in 2.9 oz's. They are super sweet though! Pureed boiled eggs are yummy, too! Protein is in that as well as in my egg drop soup. Yummy, Yummy! I look for protein in everything! LOL Today, I ate 2 TS of reduced fat peanut butter with 8 grams of protein. Of course, each WLS DR is different and has a different set of rules. I also am walking and being more active EVERYDAY and again following the rules from my DR. Adding my 2 chewable vit's, 2 chewable calcm's, 1 biotin losenge and 2 chewable B-12's. Boy, all this is a full time job and I'm glad I'm not working for another 4 wks to get all this down. I wish you all the best and keep trying; you'll get it! Here's some of my favorite websites to help with our protein: http://www.vitalady.com/products-protein.htm http://www.healthfitnesschannel.com/index22.html http://www.unjury.com/index.shtml http://store.bariatriceating.com/conewwhlipr.html I hope this help! Your WLS sister, Carrie
Jamie E.
on 9/19/06 3:55 am - north of atlanta, GA
Traci, I see you had your surgery just a few days before mine. What I have found really helps me with the liquids is nice warm peppermint tea and sugar free hot chocolate. Warm definitely seems to settle in my pouch the best. My nut says I need 71 grams of protein a day. I have the vials of the protein, they are foul tasting to me, but since they are only a few ounces, I try to get it over with as soon as possible. Tuna fish and cottage cheese all smushed together is a good source of protein.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views