Anyone Struggling

Ms.Traci C.
on 9/10/06 10:08 am - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
Hi All, I feel good...actually I am improving everyday. But is anyone out there still struggling to get in the required water and protein??? Hugs, Traci
burgundylady2003
on 9/10/06 10:35 am - small town, Canada
Hi Traci, glad to see you are getting better day by day. I am pretty good, but have been more tired the last few days. I still dont sleep all that well at night so I think I am just worn down somewhat. I have tried not to worry too much about the water/protein thing, but make sure I eat/drink something at least every 1/2 (when I am awake). I also talked to my dietician and have added somethings to my diet - scrambled eggs, chunky soup blended, potatoes and carrotts blended. Today I had a 1/2 of a ice cream sandwich and had 1/4 c of cottage cheese. All seems to be staying down. Tomorrow I go for my post op check, hopefully all is ok. Cindy
Ms.Traci C.
on 9/10/06 10:49 am - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
That is great Cindy. I just started sleeping well this pass week...when I stopped taking the pain medication. It was making me wake up every 2 hours....now I sleep 9 hours a night. I will hopefully get to eat something other than broth, jello and popsicles by Thursday. My surgeon moves us really slow...too slow . I don't want to try anything against his plan so I will just continue to struggle with getting all the water and protein in. I am always so full. Good luck on your post op check..I am certain everything is okay. Hugs, Traci
Pam P.
on 9/10/06 11:41 am - LaGrange, GA
Hey there! Man yeah I struggle to drink that much........I just dont want it....and naps...seems I gotta have them daily so that takes time away that I could be drinking water and protein...so wen Im up I just try to keep protein with me and sip on it...but thats hard too. My 2 wk follow-up is tomorrow and I THINK I have lost 18 pounds but we will see the official total tomorrow.......... Are you guys still sore when you sit for periods of time? My lap sites look great but man are they still sore....
Ms.Traci C.
on 9/10/06 12:23 pm - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
Hi Pam, You and I sound just alike! Yes, my lap sites are sore, the one by my belly button and the ones on the right really hurt if I sit for a long time. My lap sites are still covered by steri strips...they haven't fallen off yet. Leave it to me to get the industrial strenghth steri strips..I wash them twice a day and they haven't moved. Congrats on loosing 18 pounds...wow!!! Hugs, Traci
burgundylady2003
on 9/11/06 8:47 pm - small town, Canada
Happy Birthday!! Here I am at 4:30 am, still don't sleep all night, so here I sit. Just read your profile, well done! and saw it was your birthday yesterday! hope you had a happy day! How did your 2 week appointment go? Mine was yesterday too and it went well. I have lost 15 pounds, and I am happy with that even though I know others will have lost more. They said I look great, and I wanted to say...just you wait! They said I could start on solid foods and so I overdid it my first night supper. A collegue brought over a casserole, with rice, hamburger and cabbage...not stuff I should have...I had about a 1/4 and had such a burning I had to lay down... In the end, I was glad I had it, I needed to know I had that restriction...does that make sense? Just wanted to say way to go on your losing and life choices...it really is exciting isn't it? Live, Love, Laugh & Learn Cindy
Pam P.
on 9/12/06 2:39 am - LaGrange, GA
Thanks for the Birthday wishes Cindy....having 9/11 as your birthday isnt that pleasant! well with my clothes on.....at my 2 wk followup I was down 12 pounds on their scale but clothes off at home its like 16 or 17....no loss yesterday which I am sure is due to the fact that I didnt drink all I should......I just dont want it! UGH! You getting yours in? Speakin of naps........I want one NOW...man its gonna be hard to work all day
IleanaLopez
on 9/22/06 5:15 am - Bridgeport, CT
Hi pam I think that there is something wrong with the scale at the Dr office. Its always a few pounds more.i just went formy appointment yestarday. i'm in my 5th week post op now. Its hard to drink all the liquid and to top it all everytime i get a fill i need to go back to full liquid for two days. i had loss 25lb so i'm happy for that.
LEAH W.
on 9/11/06 1:44 am - MCKEES ROCKS, PA
Hello everyone! Boy oh boy am I struggling! I was getting around 40 ounces of fluids in but I had a setback over the weekend and now I'm starting from scratch again. It's almost noon and I'm only on 16oz. This is really hard for me. My incisions all look really fine, but as someone else stated the right side of my belly is in pain. Sometimes it doesn't bother me, but when I sit or stand too long boy oh boy does it hurt. This Friday I will be three weeks out and I am looking forward to seeing how I feel by then. I feel better than I did when I came home from the hospital and even better than I did the first week. But I still have a way to go. I still get tired easily and have been taking a nap during the day sometimes. So that takes away from getting the water in. Also stopping 30 minutes before and after meals sometimes hurts too. But I have been following that rule pretty good. I have no idea how much weight, or not, I have lost. I don't go back to the surgeon's office until 9/25 so I'll find out then. Hope everyone is feeling well!
ohiostar
on 9/11/06 3:03 am - Lancaster, OH
I love water but it is difficult to drink throughout the day. I do good in the morning but find a slack off later in the day. I think I am getting 6 to 8 glasses in. I still have to remind myself to eat. Just not hungry. Dianna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 791 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views