Fat free refried beans

Twinnytwin
on 9/9/06 2:37 am - Charlotte, NC
Hello all, I'm soon to be 3 weeks out and when I went to my doctors office on Wed he told me to try fat free refried beans along with the cream soups for variety. I tell you what, that was the best thing I have eaten since my surgery. I put 2 tablespoons in a small saucer put it in the microwave for about 45 seconds to heat. Added one pinch of low fat shredded cheese and enjoyed. Needless to say I was full after the 2 tablespoons of the refried beans but oh how good! Anyone have any other recipes that are fat free and yummy?
ohiostar
on 9/9/06 6:18 am - Lancaster, OH
I had some last week and I think I will be having some more tonight. It's a nice texture change from the soups. I'm thinking of trying some pureed chili. I am definitely craving bolder tastes. Dianna
HolliBeth1
on 9/10/06 6:43 am - Millbrook, AL
I love hot and spicy flavors, so I got one small pintos and cheese from Taco Bell. I took one tablespoon of the beans and mixed it with one pack of the hot sauce. It was really runny and really YUMMY! Holli
LEAH W.
on 9/11/06 1:38 am - MCKEES ROCKS, PA
I love the refried beans too! I got the Goya brand and they are yummy and have some spice to em. I put a little shredded cheese on mine and mix it up and I swear it tastes delicious! I want to try some chili but I'm scared. I may have to wait a while, lol
Kevin A.
on 9/11/06 4:30 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Hey Alicia, I was cleared Friday to go to the next stage of eatting but I been worryed about trying new things. But I think I will give it a try today!!! Have a Great Day!!!
(deactivated member)
on 9/11/06 11:29 am - Florence, KY
When I went for my 2 week post op I was told to try Wendy's chili. It is low fat and full of protein. It was wonderful! Of course the .99 size is 8 ounces so it was almost 3 meals. Refried beans with cheese are another thing that are really good.
lea2be
on 9/13/06 2:11 am - LaBelle, FL
Aren't refried beans just the cat's meow at this stage?? LOL I put the beans on a dish, pour about a teaspoon of salsa (hot if you like it!) over them, add a pinch of shredded cheddar, and microwave for about a minute. Then, I stir it before I eat it... Yummmmmmm! Hugs, Lea
(deactivated member)
on 9/19/06 11:09 am - South of Boston, MA
FYI I just read your posts and got curious. I went to Wendy's and Taco Bell websites. Info as follows: Small chili @ Wendys: has 220 cal; 6.0 g fat, 23 carbs and 17 g protein Taco bell refried beans: 120 cal, 2.5g fat 17g carbs and 6g protein Personally, I can only eat 1/3 of the chili at wendys. But so worth it. Also, Hormel chili is loaded with protein. Vegetarian with beans is awesome ! I find that I can do better on refried beans that I buy in the store as far as protein goes. take care
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views