1 week post op- getting hungry now, and bored with full fluids-suggestions?

burgundylady2003
on 9/8/06 6:06 am - small town, Canada
Hi again, Awesome thread, thanks so much for your thoughts/suggestions, Tanya, thank you for telling me about your stomach issues, I see my doctor on Monday, I will be asking him about that. It seems to be a bit better though. I hope you have it cleared up next visit. I did call my dietician and she said I could start with a few more solids pureed, she said chunky soup purreed and scrambled egg with milk. I had that for lunch and it did feel like I was eating something. But I only ate about half of it, I can see what you mean about your tastes changing. This is quite the journey and learning curve we are all on isn't it? Cindy
Michelle00000032
on 9/8/06 4:26 am - Somerville, MA
I will be 3 weeks out on Monday and I am on protein, turkey, fish, basically everything but beef. My problem is that nothing tastes good anymore, it actually gags me to eat a piece of Turkey or chicken that I absolutely LOVED before. They say that your tastes change because of everything that is going on in your body. As for the stomach swelling, I have that as well. I cant say anything about the sleep as I ahve not gotten a good night sleep since before I had my second son 20 months ago, he still gets up at about 4am. Good Luck I know you can do it, just try to get up and do something when you feel hunger after you have eaten, either that or have a glass of fat free milk, it is a way to get your protein in and make you feel full. IT GETS BETTER!!!! Michelle
dstlady6
on 9/9/06 1:11 am - WILKE-BARRE, PA
Fat2Fit2006, My surgery was 8/14/06 and I was bored with all of that after the first week. I could barely stand it. Plus, my mom and sister ate any and everything and I felt extremely angry watching them eat burgers, fries, tacos, and whatever else they ate and all I could have was a @!#$%& protein drink or pudding cup. I felt better when I went to my own home and was able to not feel tempted with my mom and sister's greasy delights. Hang in there. It does get better. Also, I have had more gas than anything. I returned to work this week and was fine the first two days. Now, I know I better take the gas-x at work. It seems like the more water I drink, the more gas I have. Lady T.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views