This is IMPORTANT

Ms.Traci C.
on 9/6/06 11:34 am - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
HI Everyone! I was on the main board yesterday and saw a post from Stephanie23 she had surgery on the 28th the same day I did. She said she was having a really bad time getting in her protein and water....who isn't. Well everyone was encouraging her to keep trying...she was so happy she lost 20 pounds in 9 days. Most of that is water weight because she isn't drinking. Tonight she posted that she was EATING. She is supposed to be on clear liquids...now she is eating chicken, pasta and potatoes!!! I don't know her but if anyone does she needs help and fast. Everyone is posting that she may hurt herself and perhaps rupture her surgical site by eating too soon. I am scared for her. Please email her....we need to help. I know it is hard but she can't destroy her second chance. http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/members/profile.php?N=r1142798995 Help her! Traci
Pam P.
on 9/6/06 11:38 am - LaGrange, GA
Amen Traci.......I agree!
MomofKate
on 9/6/06 7:35 pm - Brick, NJ
I sent her a note, I just hope she accepts all the help that is out there for her. She will do big damage eating chicken, pasta and potatoes at this point. I will pray for her too. Michelle NJ
Michelle00000032
on 9/8/06 4:30 am - Somerville, MA
Im not trying to go against you but I was told by my butritionist and surgeon on Day 9 that I could start eating protien, chicken, tuna, turkey as long as it was moist. I have been and have not had a problem. They told me to chew real well and very tiny bites. I was not allowed to have fruits and veggies (very soft ones****il yesterday and can not have starches, breads and grains until next Wednesday. Had she talked to her Surgeon or nutritionist? All are different. Not trying to offend just telling you what is going on with me. Michelle
Ms.Traci C.
on 9/8/06 12:14 pm - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
Hi Michelle, That is great that you can eat that but her surgeon wanted her to stay on clear liquids. I understand that each surgeon is different...I know mine is very conservative...but his record for readmissions due to problems is spotless. I figured he knows what he is doing so I follow his regime. She also wasn't getting in fluids.....maybe 8 ounces a day. That just isn't good for the body and to add the stress of digestion on top of that. I just hope she is okay. No offended at all. Hugs, Traci
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views