I am home and constipated...

MomofKate
on 9/3/06 10:34 pm - Brick, NJ
Hello Friends~ My LAP RNY was 8/31. I came home 48 hours later. I have to poop. Any suggestions? I am in pain from sitting and pushing on the pot all day! Other than that, all is well. Hope my 3 surgery sisters are doing well, and they are able to poop at will! Please check in ladies..... I have been thinking about you all. Michelle Brennan NJ
MomofKate
on 9/4/06 12:15 am - Brick, NJ
I called the doctor and he said that I was impacted, not constipated, he told me to use the glycerin suppository, and it worked, so I am fine now. Thanks.... I just wanted to post in case someone else was having this problem, call your doctor, don't take my advice...... but I know the glycerin is safe anyway.... but I wasn't constipated, because I was passing small pieces..... gross I know! michelle +back in the business of pooing+
burgundylady2003
on 9/13/06 9:29 pm - small town, Canada
Hi Michelle, I love this board! Can always find someone who has had the same experiences as you. I have been really having a hard time this week trying to have a bowel movement. I too thought it was constipation and realize from reading this that I am impacted. Things finally moved fully yesterday but am going to be ready with the suppository next time! whew! How are things going for you otherwise? I have been doing ok, have my appetite back and a little frustrated. Just trying to learn as I go with my pouch. Cindy
LovelyLoser
on 9/4/06 2:04 am - Salt Lake City, UT
Hi Michelle, Ive had that problem too. I have tried (with my surgeons approval) adding ground flax seed to my yogurt to help prevent it again. My surgery was he 21st. Best to you!! Annette
dsimmons
on 9/14/06 3:11 am - MO
Hello, Surgery Sister, Sorry that it took so long for me to post, but I didn't have my computer Okay, I too am constipated, I just used the glycerin suppositories, and I am only passing little pieces, but I feel that there is more that needs to come out, I think that I will call my surgeon today, other than that I have found it extremely hard to get all of my liquids down, water just makes me oh well, hopefully this will pass. I hope all is going well on your end
MomofKate
on 9/14/06 4:56 am - Brick, NJ
The liquids are hard to get down, for sure. I love drinking the water, but I am afraid to drink it too fast, and how are you supposed to get down 64 ounces per day when you are allowed to drink 4 ounces an hour? Do the math, it doesn't work. I can't lose sleep to be drinking water! If I drink too fast or too much I get nauseaus. Sweethoney-that is what happened to me with my bowel movements. I FELT a huge piece of poop blocking the exit! Little stuff would come around it, but it felt like a brick was blocking the exit... gross, but the best way I can describe it. Glycerin suppositories did it for me in about 10 minutes, miracle stuff I tell ya! Love to all of us August Babies Michelle Brennan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views