1 month Post-Op.....

KRISTI C.
on 9/1/06 12:04 am - MERRILLVILLE, IN
RNY on 08/01/06 with
I'm doiing very well. I need to focus more on eating slowly & chewing, chewing. I'm not really weighting myself, because I need a new scale. LOL I think I'm down around 25 lbs or so. Pretty good. Congrats to all of you on the beginning of your new journey. I'm proud of each of you for the decision you made to change your life. I hope we all keep in touch. Kristi
pattyg
on 9/1/06 2:34 am - Springfield, IL
You sound exactly like me! Surgery same day - down about the same weight. The only problems I have had is eating to fast and not chewing too! I HATE that feeling when it sits right on my chest Good luck to you - we will have to definatly keep in touch!
Patricia R.
on 9/1/06 5:07 am - Perry, MI
I am looking forward to being where you are. I will not be doing any chewing for a long time, though, as I may not resume normal food till 6 weeks out. I am still on clear liquids, then two weeks of just liquids, then I go to baby food/pureed foods, and then mushy foods. Total six weeks of that before I can try normal food. God bless all of you. You made my journey so much easier. hugs, Trish
Angie F.
on 9/3/06 1:12 pm - Jackson, MO
Kristi, Congratulations on your surgery and weight loss so far. I had surgery the same day as you. I am doing well too and also seem to eat to fast. I have been doing better with my chewing, though. I have kept a table of my weight loss since surgery. I am now down 37 lbs. I have also gone down a total of 3 sizes since surgery. Again, congratulations on your wls and the journey it will take you. I am proud of you and your success thus far!! Angie Weight before surgery: 258 Weight now: 221 Goal weight: 145
anna1916
on 9/3/06 11:13 pm - Bellmawr, NJ
Congratulations! You're doing great! I had surgery 8/1 too, and am definitely having trouble remembering to chew and to take a long enough break in between bites. I am down 44 pounds so far Unfortunately, I have had 3 episodes where I've had that pain of the food kind of sitting stuck waiting to go down. I've not vomitted yet, so I figure I'm ahead of the game
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views