August Rollcall

Kerry H.
on 8/31/06 11:00 pm - Worcester, MA
Hello everyone. Great idea Julie. I had RNY on 8/24 I lost 20lbs pre-op and 12-13lbs post-op. I have not had any major problems. I usually can only drink 4oz. at a time. Otherwise everything else is going well. Good luck and God Bless everyone.
pattyg
on 8/31/06 11:41 pm - Springfield, IL
Hey Julie! late posting here - sorry I had surgery August 1st. Lost 41 pounds pre-op and 22 pounds post up so far! i have my one month doc visit today - so i will be able to get an official weight then. He also will check all my labs to make sure everything is still on track! No complications so far (knock on wood) and it is getting better everyday! Thanks for checking in with us. patty
Kevin A.
on 9/2/06 2:50 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Hello fellow August babies!!! Date of surgery? 21st Weight lost? I weight in 9 days out I was down 21 pounds. Any problems you are having? I had lost some blood during surgery I had my blood checked again this week everything was normal. The only other problem is fight off the food trying to make me eat something I should not!!
Julie122780
on 9/2/06 3:16 am
This surgery will make you learn that is for sure. I ate a small peice of a soft tortilla and I didn't chew it well enough and it has been stuck in my throat since 10am this morning. I am never eating again! okay that is a little too drastic but this is the second time that I have lodged something in my throat. Anyone else having this trouble? You think I would learn after the first time. Julie
Sue P.
on 9/2/06 11:41 am - Vacaville, CA
Hi Everyone, Date of surgery? August 7th Weight lost? 23 lbs since surgery Any problems you are having? Just three issues. #1) Constipation starting week 3 #2) I am having a hard time with my Calcium Citrate lozengers (makes me gag). I see my surgeon on Tuesday for my 4 week follow-up. Hopefully I can start swalling pills #3) Heartburn - before surgery I had chronic heartburn and acid reflux. I still have it and taking liquid Carafate for it. Once again, hopefully I can start back up on Protonix pills soon.
Cynthia T.
on 9/3/06 5:05 am - IN, CO
I was banded august 10th and am down about 14 pounds (depending on the time of day I weigh in.) I have had no physical struggles, all have been wanting to eat the world and making bad food choices that dont make me happy and keep me moving slow. Ugh. First fill scheduled Sept 26.
reggiet1
on 9/3/06 1:16 pm - Cleveland, TX
Date of surgery: Lap RNY 14th, 16th Opened from chest past belly button to find blockage and put in a g-tube to drain old stomach that was not draining. profile has more of the story, Weight lost: 25th I was -37lbs since 14th 52lbs over all including pre-op diet. Problems: Still have drain tube in causes pain. In the regret stage, Hard to bounce back from surgery twice. Still not back at work.
LovelyLoser
on 9/4/06 2:02 am - Salt Lake City, UT
Hello to all surgerized in August 06! Date of surgery Aug 21 Weight loss 16.5 lbs Any problems constipation which I think is holding up my weight loss (grrrr followed closely by ick) My surgery went well, I never needed the pain pump, was up walking that afternoon, went home the naxt day, no pain meds since Ive been home. I tried for 4 years to get insurance approval, even took a part time job trying to get insurance to cover, finally self paid. Annette
burgundylady2003
on 9/4/06 5:38 am - small town, Canada
Hi, great thread! Date of Surgery- Aug. 29 Type- Lap RYN Weight lost- 18 pounds before surgery, not sure how much since only 5 days out. Next Monday will be my follow up, looking forward to seeing what it will be. My scales right now say another -10. Havent had any real problems, mild reaction to the morphine, but have been at home and up and about and drinking/eating full fluids. Trying as others to get protein in. Live, Love, Laugh & Learn Cindy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views