August Rollcall

Julie122780
on 8/31/06 1:34 am
Did you just say Super Target? We don't have those in Michigan but I LOVE Target and it sounds like HEAVEN!! Hmmm, maybe I should write a letter to them and tell them we need one out here. Julie
just jacie
on 8/30/06 4:34 pm - Minneapolis, MN
Hello, I had lap RNY on August 25th. I seem to have only lost 4 pounds since surgery, but I'll wait for the official weigh in when I go to have my staples removed on Tuesday, if they weigh me. I'm still really tired and having trouble getting all my protein in because the thought of most shakes make me sick to think about. I have been getting my fluids in and taking my vitamins. No wI need to concentrate on protein, walking and taking calcium. jacie
(deactivated member)
on 8/30/06 10:13 pm
Hello Everyone! I had LAP RNY on August 9th. I have officially lost 25lbs. I had my 3 week post op appointment yesterday. My liver biopsy showed mild fibrosis of the liver which is common with fat around the liver. I have to follow up with my Gastro Dr now. I too can't stomach the protien shakes, and I am struggling with getting all my fluids too. The vitamins are fine but I can't eat those chewable Citrical Calciums ... Gross .... I was happy to hear I can swallow a pill now so I will be happy to take a calcium pill. My loss has stalled for about a week now, seems like as soon as I could eat softer foods. I am retaining fluids big time. Dr says that is normal. I hope everyone is doing great.
Julie122780
on 8/31/06 1:41 am
For my calcium I take twice a day TUMS smoothies smooth dissolve tablets in assorted fruit flavors and they are actually good, not at all chalky like regular tums. Each tablet has 750 mgs of calcium. Trust me if it was nasty I would not do it. Which is why I am so glad that I found a protein shake that does not taste at all like protein. I think I posted it before in this board but I will post it again. You have to try it! 1 level scoop choc protein powder (I use designer Whey) 1/2 cup of Skim milk or Soy milk 1 tablespoon of peanut butter 4 ice cubes *Mix in a blender until smooth it tastes like a reeses peanut butter cup, and the peanut butter kills that nasty protein taste. Glad to hear everyone doing so well!!!!!!!!
LEAH W.
on 8/31/06 7:24 am - MCKEES ROCKS, PA
I had my surgery on Friday 8/25/06. Lap RNY I'm feeling so-so right now. I have a lot of pain at the site of two of my incisions. Once I got home on Sunday I figured I was able to sleep sitting up in the bed at the hospital so I could do it at home. I didn't really have any problems doing that. I haven't been able to get in 64 0z of liquids or even come close, but I am trying. I had my first post-op appt Yesterday and I hadn't really lost or gained so I was really happy about that. I did lose almost 15 pounds on my pre op liquid diet I had to do for 2 weeks. That was a really miserable time for me. I felt like such a failure ocnstantly. Anyway, at my appt. they told me that I could start all my medications slowly. Try to add one new one per day. I found that to be really good advice and I haven't felt overwhelmed. I tried my multivitamin (viactive) today and it went down fine. They also advanced me to phase II but told me to go slow and use caution. I've only tried cream of chicken soup so far. I believe it'd be best for me to pace myself so maybe I won't get bored with the phase II foods so fast. Tomorrow I'm going to try some sugar free pudding. They also told me not to drink the shakes yet because my pouch is still very new and extremely sensitive. Sometimes the shakes make you full and may cause a little bloating at first. I was told for extra protein to use some non fat dry milk or sugar free carnation instant breakfast and put some in my pudding or applesauce ets. They also said that I could puree some chicken and put it in my soup. I'll try that in a few days. Since I still don't have an appetite, I don't want to advance too soon. Glad to hear that everyone is doing well!
dazed
on 8/31/06 11:27 am - Kansas City, MO
August 14 lap rny 14 lbs at 2 week post op I was very unhappy my first week. 2nd week was better. Not a lot of pain but was unable to sleep on my side until last night I haven't had any problems but Tuesday started to become light headed every time I stood up, got worse Wednesday and was sent for blood work today. Not sure why, never had blood pressure problems, get my 64oz of water, about 65oz of protien and all my vitamins. Hopefully it is nothing. Only had one problem with food, which was today. I think I ate too much tuna at lumch and it has sat on my pouch the entire day so I'm skipping dinner and just drinking. I don't really have a desire to eat but sure miss running through McDonalds and really miss carbs but I won't even try. Blessings and good health Miranda
Colie399
on 8/31/06 11:51 am - Nauvoo, AL
My surgery was August 10th, I have lost 23 lbs and thats including my 10 day pre-op liquid diet. I feel so far behind everyone else but I know our bodies are all different and I quit losing for about 3 days. No nausea thank god, I was readmitted on day 7 post op b/c I was dehydrated. I was taking the Reglean prescribed but all of my water was going out as fast and I could get it in but it was just the medicine.
tinkerbell64
on 8/31/06 12:10 pm - St. Petersburg, FL
Hi Everybody, I had my surgery on 8/2/06 and to date I have lost 28lbs. I went for my first post op appt on Monday and she said I was doing great. She also told me my liver biopsy was great I had the healthiest looking liver of any gastric bypass patient she had ever seen. She also said I could now swallow my pills without crushing them, I can chew gum. They also gave me my first vitamin b12 shot. The only problems I really had post op was with getting the crushed meds down, alot of nausea but not bringing anything up. The other thing is right now I am having some sharp pains in my left upper abdomen/side when I take a deep breath or move a certain way. I called the Dr today and they think I might have pulled a muscle. If the pain gets worse or I run a fever or get short of breath I am supposed to go to the emergency room for an xray. It looks like everyone is doing fantastic which is great. Patty
Julie122780
on 8/31/06 12:17 pm
I had a similar problem I think it was because I over ate chili but whenever I took a deep breath I got a sharp electric like pain that shot up my abdomen on the side and up my chest. It eventually went away but it scared the hell out of me. Everyone is doing so awesome!! Keep up the good work!! Julie
Pamela_K
on 8/31/06 7:58 pm - Vicksburg, MS
Hello to the August Losers: My lap RNY was August 15th. I lost 8 lbs before surgery and have lost about 16 lbs since. I won't get my official weight until my 3-week check up on September 11th. The only problems I'm having are a little pain around the belly button area, general soreness (which is getting better), and tiring easily. It's also hard to get in 80 grams of protein every day. I'm already sick of those protein drinks! Pam
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views