August Rollcall

Julie122780
on 8/29/06 6:13 am
Hey to all my fellow August Losers... I figured we should all post with our stats. Date of surgery? Weight lost? Any problems you are having? I will post mine tomorrow when I get my official weight from my surgeon. Julie
Betz
on 8/29/06 9:53 am - Cranston, RI
Hi Julie, Good idea. My surgery was open RNY on August 3, 2006 I have lost 37 lbs. The only problem I have is scheduling my eating. Eating doesn't really appeal to me at all yet. I have not gotten sick on anything but I am still on liquified puree. I did try chili yesterday and it sat well so I went to the market and got all the fixin's and right now have a huge pot of the stuff cooking. I know we tend to like something on day and not the next so it is a good thing that my daughter and my husband both go nuts for my chili. Betz
Angie F.
on 8/29/06 11:07 am - Jackson, MO
Hi all, My surgery was August 1, 2006. I had the Lap RNY. I had my first month post-op today and am excited about losing 34 pounds. I have not had any problems as of yet. I have been sick twice but it was my own doing. I guess I didn't chew good or ate too fast. Anyway, I feel great!! I hope everyone is doing well too. Angie
Julie122780
on 8/29/06 7:01 pm
My surgery was August 3, also! I do not know how much I have lost my official weigh in is later today so I will post when I find out! You ladies are doing awesome congrats and keep up the good work!!! Julie
PMedic8991
on 8/29/06 10:13 pm - Joppatown, MD
Hello all August buddies! Surgery: August 10th Weight Lost: 31 pounds (as of last Friday 8/25/06) Complications: Had pnuemonia after surgery and a couple of episodes of "gas pains" but haven't gotten sick yet (*knock on wood*)! Hope everyone is doing well...Good luck to those who are scheduled within the next couple of days.
clsmex
on 8/30/06 8:06 am - Schererville, IN
RNY on 08/22/06 with
Here is my update, had my first follow-up appointments today, 08/30: Date of surgery? Tuesday, 08/22/2006 Weight lost? 13.5 lbs. since the morning of surgery, 44.7 lbs. down since I began working with my program in May, 2005. Any problems you are having? Once I arrived home, I was unable to keep anything down, including water. So had to go back to the basics, broth, water, SF popsicles, tea and have been on that since today. I was advanced to the pureed/mushy stage today and am looking forward to it! Will head back to work on Tuesday...don't know if I will be there full days or will ease into it....we'll see! Good luck to all! Candy
anna1916
on 8/30/06 10:37 am - Bellmawr, NJ
Hi, Everyone I had my surgery on August 1st (lap RNY) Since surgery, I am down 41 pounds!! So far, I'm not having any problems. I did have an emotional breakdown the other day. My daily routine can tend to be hectic, and I had my one month post op up in North Jersey - a 2 hour drive there and 2 hours back. My typical behaviour would have been to grab fast food for myself and the kids, but I'm not having it near my family any more. Sooooo, I packed a great lunch for the kids to eat on the way up and back, but there was nothing really in the house for me. By the time I got home (after running errands after the appointment), I was tired, grouchy, way behind on my water, had no protein all day, and wanted something fast. There wasn't anything, and I just broke into tears over thinking I was a failure. You better believe I ran out the next day and got some cheese sticks, cooked up a batch of chicken, which is now sitting in my fridge, and I have enjoyed a couple of spoonfuls of cream cheese and peanut butter. It's such a huge change of life - not at all easy, and definitely lessons to be learned every day. Anna
bonniecnr
on 8/30/06 12:02 pm - Austin, TX
Little late in checking in but my surgery was 8/16 . I had a Lap RNY and have lost 20lbs. My only complication has been a wound infection - ouch and gross!
Julie122780
on 8/30/06 2:14 pm
Everyone is doing so well!! Chicken huh? I am jealous my surgeon told me today that I am not supposed to have chicken until I am 6 months out because he said it is very hard to digest and hard on the digestive system. So you have much more options than I do. I have mostly been eating soft mushy foods and I am bored to death with cottage cheese, tomato soup, and protein shakes. UGH how boring. Anyone find anything really good they can eat? Keep up the great work everyone! Julie
L.K.S.
on 8/30/06 4:27 pm - Katy, TX
Hi everyone... My surgery date was August 8th with Dr. Rumbaut in Monterrey, Mexico. I've lost 26 lbs. I tried going to the gym the other day and did a little to much and have been paying for it with pain in the port area. I'm going to have to work on the instant gratification thing...lol So far my favorite thing to eat is cottage cheese with applesause. Also, I ordered Water Sensations online only to later find them at our local Super Target. I love, love Water Sensations, esp the Grape flavor. It is soooo much better then crystal light. Hope everyone is getting better everyday. Leisa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views