6 days post op

jolook
on 8/28/06 10:35 am - Rexburg, ID
I had lap rny Aug. 22nd. in Salt Lake City, Dr. Sherman Smith who has done 8000 bariatric surgeries. So no complications. One extremely heavy girl who had it the sameday, I believe open, had her liver nicked and had some bleeding. She was still in the hospital when I left after 2 nights. I guess that's why some docs put you on a liquid diet prior. They sent me home with pain medication but after taking 1/2 tablet the first night home, I have not needed to take anymore. I literally have 0 pain. I had knee surgery in March and was on paid meds for 2 weeks so I'm quite surprised. I've gone down 2lbs. per day. I started at 220 and was 208 this morning. I'm getting in a mile on the treadmill in 3 or 4 increments, My doc wants us to work up to 50 continuous minutes within a month. I sleep on several bolsters and pillows and don't turn on my side yet because I get a twinge if I do. This doc doesn't allow protein shakes so I don't know how I'm going to get enough protein without breaking the rules. It sounds like most other places recommend it. Does anybody else have this restriction? Also has anybody tried protica protein which comes in a 2.9 oz liquid with 25 gms. protein? I'm thinking of ordering that. Thanks
Mary G.
on 9/2/06 7:09 am - Deming, WA
Hey Jo Alba! Congrats on your successful surgery! Sounds like you have the exercise thing under control too. I am a bit over 2wks out and had similar protein questions so I posted on the main message board and attached a link to that thread if you're interested. The responses I got from the OH folks really made sense. Keep us posted on your progress...what an amazing journey for all of us Cheers to you on your wonderful work Mary G http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/board_id,4856/cat_id,4456/topic_id,3093004/action,r eplies/a,messageboard/page,1/#23734559
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views