2 weeks post-op

bobsgirl
on 8/28/06 8:18 am - San Mateo, CA
It has been two weeks since my surgery date. I have been doing well with the exception of lack of energery/need for naps. My pain has been under control usually taking, for pain when needed. According to my scales this morning I have lost 18.5 lbs. not to shabby. I have been taking walks, but am unable to do much at the gym due to lack of energy. My incision line looks very good, the drainage has diminshed to a dribble. My G-Tube will come out next week, which I am looking forward too. Need to increase my fluid intake.
Jen F.
on 8/28/06 8:52 am - Minneapolis, MN
Hi I'm 2weeks post-op tomorrow. I had a Lap RNY so my drain was taken out before I left the hospital - that incision isn't pretty. My other incisions are looking good. I'm having the same issue with energy - I get tired. I can finally sleep the night through and I can stay awake all day if I can take a nap in the early evening. I've been out line dancing twice since surgery and try to go walking every day. Last week I had trouble concentrating. The nurse said it was an anesthesia hang-ver and could last 6 weeks, but it's getting better. My program has moved me from clear liquids to full liquids to pureed. It was easier to get in all my fluids when I wasn't trying to eat too (I'm not to drink within 1/2 hour of food on either side). I'm taking daily multivitamins and weekly B12. I'm adding protein powder to my cream of wheat and anything else I can think of adding it to. I'm down 23 pounds from my weight in June. I'm going back to work next Tuesday. How is everyone else doing?
PMedic8991
on 8/29/06 12:11 am - Joppatown, MD
I was still a little fatigued at 2 weeks too, but once I forced myself to get up and stay out of the house (walking, shopping, etc) I started to feel better and had more energey. Don't forget to take you vitamins too...that helped big time for me!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views