7 DAYS OUT!!!

Kevin A.
on 8/28/06 2:11 am - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
8/28/06 I'm a week out from WLS and what a week it has been!!! The night before surgery I was very calm. I just was ready to get this process over and start a new journey. I could not sleep the night before. I was afraid I would over sleep so I stayed awake up till 2 hour before I need to get up. I made it to the hospital at 5:30 am. Checked in said my good byes got ready for surgery. I really didn't feel nervous until I was laying on my bed and they started the IV and shaved my belly. A few minutes later Dr. Ali and Dr. Laport were looking over my charts. The next thing I remember I was waking up in ICU. I was taken to ICU because of my sleep apnea. The nurse said my surgery went great my family member were waiting to see me. I was in a little pain from the holes in my belly and the pressure on my chest but nothing felt different about my new pouch. It was almost like they did do anything but put these holes in me. The first day was by far the toughest! I was feeling major pain from the gas in my chest. The only way to get it out was to try and burp it out. So I did what everyone told me to do before surgery. Start walking!! I few hours after surgery I was up walking around trying to get this gas out of me. Everyone was surprised how well I got around. But the gas never seem to move. Not being able to drink make it worse. So I would sit up in my bed with my head over my table and my angel Monica would rub my back and chest to try and make the gas pressure move. Let me stop and thank Monica for being a great angel!!! Later that night I started throwing up blood!! I started to get worried that something was wrong with me!! I happen again later!!! The nurse said she notified my Dr. but he didn't sound too worried. The next day the gas was gone!!! I felt good!!! Dr. Laport stop in said my surgery went great no problems and the vomiting might be a reaction from the ansea. I had loss some blood I would get a blood transfusion. They would keep an eye on my blood levels I might go home on Wednesday. They kept me in ICU until Wednesday evening then move me to a regular room until Thursday morning then I was released! Everyday I felt stronger!!! Sunday I went to visit some friends bowling they were surprised how well I looked! One telling me I looked great!!! This morning I notice no knee and ankle pain!!! WOW!!! Amazing!!!
tinkerbell64
on 8/28/06 5:54 am - St. Petersburg, FL
Kevin, I am so glad to hear you are home and on the mend. Welcome to the losers bench. I am 3 weeks or so ahead of you and have started the pureed part of my diet (I have another 2 weeks or so of that). It has been amazing so far. I went to my first post op appointment, I am already off 2 blood pressure meds and my gastric reflux meds. I have also lost 26lbs in just under 4 weeks. I know the weight loss will slow down but this has been a good month and I am getting stronger everyday. I was really anemic when I left the hospital so my strength has been a little slow to come back but it is getting better everyday. Congratulations on your surgery and I wish for you all the success in the world. Patty
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views