August 31'st anyone?

MomofKate
on 8/27/06 11:43 pm - Brick, NJ
Hello again Friends~ My surgery is August 31, just wondering if I have any twins out there on the August boards? My surgery will be LAP RNY and is scheduled for 6:45am, yeah, first one of the day! If we are twins write me back.... Michelle from the beautiful NJ Shore
dsimmons
on 8/28/06 1:47 am - MO
Hello Michelle, I am your twin, and I cannot wait I am so excited, I think that I have everything ready, oh yeah I have to be there at 6:30, and my surgery will start at 8:00 a.m. God is Good!! Sweethoney A.K.A. Dee
MomofKate
on 8/28/06 8:38 am - Brick, NJ
Hello Dee~ Thanks for writing me back Yes, isn't God so good to us? He is amazing! I am just so thankful that this surgery is even an option for us. I have been wanting it for about 3 years and it's finally an option for me. I couldn't find a doctor who would refer me for it, because I am considered a light weight. That's the only time anyone called me a light weight, in the doctors office! lol.... Anyway, for years I would ask every doctor I went to, "what do you think of gastric bypass surgery"?, and they would all say "eat less and exercise more".... I was so sick of that! But in April, on my 41'st birthday, I went to my new primary care and figured I "throw the question" out to him and he said "I think it's a great option!!" I was so happy. And now the day is almost here...... amazing! I will say a prayer for you on Thursday, it always helps me when I pray for someone else, so I will be praying for "Dee" on Thursday, and God will take care of me just because that's what He does!! What kind of diet are you on now? I have been doing slim fast since Saturday, so today is my third full day. I did have a salad yesterday for lunch, that was great! My doctor doesn't require any kind of special diet, but I just decided for myself, from all the support group meetings I have been going to, that I think it was best for me to try to shrink my liver by doing this liquid diet. How are you feeling? Michelle from NJ
HolliBeth1
on 8/29/06 6:34 am - Millbrook, AL
Yes, GOD is GOOD! My Surgery is the 31st! I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 am and am first in LINE! Yes, I love being first! Good luck and prayers going out to all~ Holli
MomofKate
on 8/29/06 6:43 am - Brick, NJ
Hello Holli and Dee~ There are 3 of us having surgery on Thursday morning. Can you believe it's already here? I can't! I have been waiting for this day for 4 months, and it's here! I have never felt so many emotions at one time, about the same thing, feeling diffently about it every time I blink One minute I am freaking, the next minute I am singing praises to God, the next minute I am on the verge of tears, the next minute I want to call my Mom and have her tell me it's all going to OK.... I know it's going to be ok, I just want to hear it over and over again. (I feel like I am PMS'ing...) So, let me tell you both, my surgery sisters, it's going to be OK We are going to fly through surgery and recover with little or no pain and be back at home with our families in just a few days So, here's to 3 textbook surgeries, 3 relatively pain free recoveries and 3 major "thank you's" to God for making this surgery an option for all of us! Keep thanking God in all things, and this will be over before we know it... then starts the real work! Love to all my sisters~ Michelle Brennan in NJ
HolliBeth1
on 8/29/06 6:58 am - Millbrook, AL
For sure! Thanks for the words! I too am nervous and feeling crazy with mixed emotions! Good luck!! Prayers to all~ Holli
jujube
on 8/30/06 12:01 am - Loomis, CA
Wish I was first. Prayers for you Holli - you lucky loser you. Blessings, Jujube
dsimmons
on 8/29/06 10:59 pm - MO
Well the 3 of us are definitely going to be in God's precious hands tomorrow:=) Today starts my liquid diet, I was starting to let my nerves get the best of me, but I spoke to my wonderful Angel last night, and she reassured me that everything is going to be just fine I am definitely ready to be a loser, by the way. I am also considered a light weight (tell that to my jeans). Well Ladies, I pray that GOD, be with us all, and for a speedy recovery. This will be my last post until I am post-op (that sounds so good) God Bless, and Good Luck, God is so Good!!!!! Sweethoney A.K.A. Dee
MomofKate
on 8/29/06 11:31 pm - Brick, NJ
Hello Sisters! I have found a 4'th surgery sister on the boards Her name is Jujube and she is from CA. Now we have Dee, Holli Jujube and Michelle. Please let's pray for each other and think of each other often during the next few days. I do believe that prayer will help us all though this. My prayer for all of is that God gives us strength, peace and trust in Him, no matter how we are feeling. God is good, all the time, God is good! Michelle
dawnatosweet
on 8/30/06 9:45 am - Turlock, CA
My sister n law is having her surgery the same day 11:00 a.m and I will tell you the same thing as her just put your life in gods hands and you'll be fine . I did this just 10 days ago 8/21/06 and god took me all the way through so good luck to you and will all say a pray for you
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views