Nailpolish during surgery?

MomofKate
on 8/27/06 11:15 am - Brick, NJ
Ok my August friends... I probably have the most simple and straight forward question here. I am wondering if you are allowed to wear nail polish during surgery? I know it's a simple question, and I will check with my surgeons office tomorrow, but I am just "kinda" seeing what the rule of thumb here is..... I went to get my nails done Saturday and tried calling the doctors office and hospital from the salon, neither had someone there who could answer my question.... so I got them painted, but will take it off before I leave for the hospital if I can't wear it in the OR. I am just passing time, surgery is Thursday, nerves are rough at times, but the liquid diet is worse! I hope all of my August friends are doing well........ God bless us all. God be with us all during this final week of August Michelle @ the NJ Shore
wishing_I_was_small
on 8/27/06 12:50 pm - Columbia, MD
My instructions say no nail polish. My daughter had emergency surgery once and they gave me nail polish remover and had me remove her nail polish before she went in. So, you will probably have to remove your nice pretty polish.
MomofKate
on 8/27/06 11:40 pm - Brick, NJ
Hello My August lovelys I just called my surgeons office and I am not allowed to wear polish on my fingers or my toes. Oh well.....it will give me something fun to do when I am home and needing a nice day at the spa Thanks for all your reponses to my question. To all of the post ops-speedy healing and no dumping! To all of the pre-ops-Gods grace and peace during our surgeries and recovery. Love, Michelle from NJ
Patricia R.
on 8/27/06 10:12 pm - Perry, MI
I was told no nail or toe polish during surgery. I had to have my mom remove my pedicure polish on Saturday night. Sorry. Hugs, Trish
clsmex
on 8/27/06 10:40 pm - Schererville, IN
RNY on 08/22/06 with
Hi Michelle -- CONGRATS! It is just around the corner....yyyipppppeeeee!! Wishing you much luck and a very, very safe and speedy recovery. Yes, unfortunately, no nail polish....sorry. I was told both fingers and toes. And if you have acrylics one nail would need to be completely removed as they determine many different things from the color(s) in the nail bed and cuticle during surgery. I actually think I am up for it this morning to go out and get my manicure and pedicure done today....will be a nice treat to get up and out of the house! Again, wishing you much luck! Candy
L.K.S.
on 8/31/06 8:53 am - Katy, TX
Interesting... I didn't even think about not being able to wear it.... My toes were painted... Guess maybe they're not so stict in Mexico? Leisa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views