9 days post op, and having alot of gas pains

kshig
on 8/26/06 2:10 pm - Lansing, IL
I'm walking and have to hold my stomach up, it hurts in my low intestines so bad, I've tryed gasx It seems to help alittle. any one have any suggestions. Kelly
dwallace
on 8/27/06 12:35 am - Phoenix, AZ
Use abdominal binder that reallly helped me through the first 3 weeks. try beano with food this will stop the gas from forming and Tell your Dr. they should have something for that. Simethacone is the drug of choice usually for babies and adults.
kshig
on 9/1/06 9:51 am - Lansing, IL
Thanks Debra, i'm feeling better every day, I would love to have a binder just do'nt knw where to find one ,Kelly
kshig
on 8/27/06 4:35 am - Lansing, IL
Thanks Debra, I'm Feeling a little better today but it seems the gas builds during the day, my stomach swells up and the pain comes. I've been drinking only water since a week before surgery. I get to start protein shakes in the AM I'm Scared I'm going to the Dr. in the morning so we will see what he thinks, I know he wants me to have a CT So pray I get a good report. Thanks and God Bless, Kelly
RENRN99
on 8/27/06 11:39 am - Winter Haven, FL
Your not alone Kelly, I'm suffering too. I'm 4 days post-op and I can't seem to find relief either. I'm calling Dr. Murr's office tomorrow to see what could be wrong. Hope you get to feeling better renee
kshig
on 9/1/06 10:01 am - Lansing, IL
Hi Renee, I'm 15 days out and I'm feeling much better so just hang in there and walk I have not been walking enough because of how weak I feel, But thats the key, I went to Dr and had a CT And blood work and everything came back clean thank God, Kelly
Jen F.
on 8/28/06 8:54 am - Minneapolis, MN
I'mbelchy every time I have anything to eat or drink. If I don't belch it can really hurt. I'm not doing anything for it. Just waiting it out.
L.K.S.
on 8/31/06 8:48 am - Katy, TX
I'm 3 weeks post op and remember feeling the same way. The only thing that really helped me out was to walk, walk, walk. I walked around holding my moshi (my favorite squishy pillow) to my stomach. Hope you feel better soon. Leisa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views