Monday is my big day, and my internet was down

Patricia R.
on 8/26/06 3:34 pm - Perry, MI
So, my internet went down on Friday morning. I lost touch with my entire support network for two whole days. (It was my fault because I had not paid my bill.) I have been nervous, excited, thrilled, sad, deliriously happy, ecstatic, and a few other things, all at the same time. My surgery is 10:30 am. I am glad that way my mom can sleep in a little. Have a great Sunday. Hugs, Trish
lea2be
on 8/26/06 4:04 pm - LaBelle, FL
Isn't it great to finally be so close to our date?? Mine is Tuesday at 9 am. I am so excited to finally reach this re-birthday! I have not had a single nervous or anxious thought about the surgery throughout this whole process. My hubby is not going to be able to get home in time to be there. It has not discouraged me in the least. He is a trucker and won't be home till closer to the weekend. He probably won't even be here in time to pick me up and bring me home! But, a friend who works near the hospital is giving me a ride down on Tuesday morning. Another friend who lives about half way between the hospital and my home is going to come get me when they release me Thursday. And, somewhere in there, my hubby will finally make it home! I think that part of the reason that I've not been nervous is that this is just meant to happen for me. I've struggled with this weight for over 20 years now. Nothing has helped. It has just gotten worse. Now, I finally have a chance to start over fresh. And YOU do to! Best wishes in your surgery, your recovery, and your weight loss! Hugs, Lea
Patricia R.
on 8/26/06 4:25 pm - Perry, MI
I understand completely. I am not nervous about the actual surgery. I am more nervous about my past struggle with alcohol/drugs, and fear relapsing. My excitement comes from a sense that I am about to go on an exciting adventure, and it feels like I did when I packed to go on a missions trip to Spain in the 90s. I am anticipating God to do great and wonderful things. He has already done some awesome things with me in the process of getting to Monday. Praying we both have wonderful experiences ahead with the surgery, recuperation and every day after. Hugs, Trish
wishing_I_was_small
on 8/27/06 2:32 am - Columbia, MD
Good luck to you. I'm scheduled to go in at 10:00. I'm more excited than nervous and hating the liquid diet.
Ms.Traci C.
on 8/27/06 7:12 am - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
Trish, I am one of your surgery twins! My surgery is tomorrow too....at 7:30 AM!!! Traci
MomofKate
on 8/27/06 11:07 am - Brick, NJ
Hello all you Monday girls! Good luck to all of you. May God continue to watch over you and give you peace during this time. I am so glad for you that your day has finally come Mine is Thursday, by then you all will be home from the hospital, resting in your own beds. I agree with the liquid diet thing, it stinks. But we will be better of because of it too. God bless us all! Michelle in NJ
jennymay57
on 9/11/06 1:30 pm - Memphis, TN
Hi Trish, My name is Diana, I had my surgery also August 28th, It has been two weeks How are you feeling? I am fine I started today on pureed food, and I had feed back, it was my fault and you learn from your mistakes. So I have learn too much is too much... I weighed 384 and now 363 !! I have lost 21 lbs, I went to the Dr. Sept. 8th.. I am doing fine, I hope you are coming along. I just found out about this site tonite , I went to our support group and got it there. Take care, Diana
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views