3 more days--surgery 8/29

lea2be
on 8/25/06 2:01 pm - LaBelle, FL
Hi all! I can't believe that I am so close to my surgery date and have not been nervous or anxious about the surgery... I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop and my mood to change and it hasn't happened. Is that odd? I have stocked up on my food items, bought groceries for the family, stocked up on horse and dog food, etc... I'm going to do some house cleaning this weekend (UGH) and try and bring a teeny bit of order to this place before I am unable for a bit. I've done really well on my diet. I've dropped 24 pounds so far and my surgeon was pleased since the only requirement was that I did not gain anything between my consult and my surgery. I've been through all my pre-op testing. I have had a series of bloodwork done to determine my pre-op vitamin/mineral levels so that we've got something to compare to down the road. I feel like I am truly ready--all but packing my bag for the hospital that is! Maybe things will continue to go smoothly and my nerves never will hit in that anxious/am I crazy way... Who knows! Guess I'll have to wait and see! LOL Hugs to all of you who have had or are having surgery this month. I hope that everyone's surgery is uneventful and your recovery smooth. And, I pray that you are successful in your journey towards a new you! Lea in WV
enzyme
on 8/25/06 5:00 pm - jersey shore, NJ
Good for you about not freaking out. Last Friday at my preop 8/18 I told my doctor that I was terrified, and didn't want to stay at the hospital overnight. (lapband), he said he would do it outpatient. he was so nice and calmed me down. I hear you about the house! I can't seem to get my act together. I just want the surgery to be over and come home and be "cozy". Best of luck to you in your recovery and new life! Lisa
jkfullerva
on 8/26/06 7:45 am - Virginia Beach, VA
4 More days for me 8/30. I am on 4 day liquid diet and starving. I got pretty nervous last night when shopping for my liquid days. I am more nervous just making thru the next 4 days with not eating than I am the surgery. I should be cleaning house but decided my 17yr old son needs the experience. A special note: While on pain meds we are instructed not to operate heavy machinery now Ladies that means stove, refrigerator, washer/dryer & dishwasher. In my mind it does I mean they are heavy right?
MomofKate
on 8/26/06 9:23 am - Brick, NJ
Jenny, YES all of those things are considered heavy machinery! Things that would be much better operated by a 17 year old male than a woman who just had surgery! I will back you up on this one! Michelle, NJ
emb777
on 8/26/06 10:47 am - League City, TX
Lea, I too, am having surgery on the 29th. I am glad to hear you are so calm and I can report for the most part, I am calm as well. I went shopping for my hospital clothes (i.e. slippers and comfy robes). I was so excited to have found two nice terrycloth robes and they were on clearance for $4.98! I love Target! LOL! Anyway, best wishes to you on Tuesday. Erin
lea2be
on 8/26/06 11:35 am - LaBelle, FL
Hi ladies! Thanks for all the great posts! I think we've all got ourselves together! And I totally agree about operating heavy machinery while on pain meds! LOL My 17 year old daughter thought that was funny even though she knows that she will have to pull her weight a bit better immediately after my surgery. She's actually helping me clean today..... This is something she hardly EVER does these days! Keep up the good work and keep your spirits up! Hugs, Lea
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views