1 Week plus a day and THINKING THIN!

smtysgrl06
on 8/23/06 12:48 am - FORT MEADE, MD
Goodmorning to all! Well yesterday was my 1 week out from surgery and I couldn't believe how good I was feeling. Had my first appt with my PCM and she is so encouraging. Had several tubes of blood drawn, steri strips removed and a "you're doing great" pat on the back. My weight yesterday was 254.5 and today its 252.5..down 13lbs..unbelievable. My sister said enjoy these "2lbs" day because it will slow down, so I am relishing everyone and doing whats expected of me. We were out most of the day doing light shopping and such and during our excursion, I had a protein shake following 13 hours of fasting for blood work..well I drank that a little to fast and within 15 minutes I had my first episode of dumpimg effect..yuk! That wasn't cool. It passed in about 15minutes and Iwas tired as all get out but we kept on going. We actually went to McD's for lunch and I ate my cottage cheese and was not bothered by what everyone else was eating...I know that some day I'll again be able to enjoy that chicken salad. I tried tuna puree last evening for my dinner 2 oz and the biggest mistake. It went down easy but even 1-2 hours later it was still in my pouch and hurting like hell. My sister gave me a cup of hot tea and within 10 minutes it started to move but today I am sore again in my left side and think I will wait another week or two to try that ole' tuna again. Sticking with liquid and real mushy today and give that pouch a rest. Walking about 1/2 mile twice daily and soon hope to be up to a mile . Begining to see tiny signs of that 13 lbs gone..in my hands and feet! Never knew they weighed that much...smile Well got to run get my protein shake for the a.m. and do my walk so I will post again soon, till then...keep THINKING THIN! Rose 277/265.5/252.5/160
(deactivated member)
on 8/24/06 9:53 am
Congratulations Rose, I am about on a 2lb a day loss so far, but not walking like I should. I had a bout of head hunger when I first came home but that has passed. Keep doing what you are doing. I lost my weight in my feet first LOL. I have never seen my feet so thin...wi**** would come off the top or my belly.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views