Depression Meds?

jkfullerva
on 8/22/06 9:48 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
I had my final preop appt. yesterday had the teaching session and such. I have to do a 4 day liquid diet, the first 2 days I can have a protein drink as long as it is not milk based. The last 2 days include bowel prep and liquids only then the nothing after midnight. A week from Today I will be in surgery!! I was told all medications post op have to be liquid, chewable or crushed. Is anyone else on cymbalta or wellbutrin for depression. I can't seem to get a definitive answer on crushing them after surgery. Cymbalta is a capsule so I think I can open it. It is time release so my shrink put me on a lower dose that I take twice a day. Same with wellbutrin. But when you crush them are you supposed to dissolve them in liquid or just try to hack back all that powder with a water chaser? I am open to suggestions! Thanks Jenny
Tanya-RN
on 8/23/06 1:44 am - Spring, TX
Jenny, I can tell you that if you are taking welbutrin xl it will NOT process in your new pouch. Ask me how I know this? Well this gets gross but mine went through and was staring at me in the toliet the very next day!!!!!!!!!!!! You have to go back to the non release and maybe even take 2 a day- as long as they are not release forms you can digest them. I asked about it being a liquid form and was told no. I got put on this pill to help me quit smoking. All it did was make me a happy smoker sigh. I have never taken the other pill so I cant offer advice on that one. hope that helps, Tanya 3 weeks post op today 252/261/234/140
Kerry H.
on 8/23/06 3:38 am - Worcester, MA
Jenny, I suggest calling your phamacist first, he will knwo what's available. If liquid is available then call you DR that prescibes the medication. Also I spoke with my pharmacists about my upcoming surgery. He told me what medications could and could not be crushed. Kerry
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views