Feeling a little down

LEAH W.
on 8/22/06 9:52 am - MCKEES ROCKS, PA
Hi everyone, it's been a really trying 2 weeks for me and I just feel extremely worried. I'm concerned because I haven't been doing too great on my liquid bowel prep. I feel like this is a test, and if I've failed on this how am I going to do after surgery? I try every day and most days do pretty well. I'm out in the sun all day playing with children and I start feeling weak so I try to drink a lot of crystal light and water, but the rumbling belly gets me every time. I try to just eat a table spoon of peanut butter. And if I have more than that I make sure it's a piece of meat, boneless skinless chicken. I just feel so bad. I really want to succeed at this wls and my new way of life. Sorry to bring everyone down.
Heather T.
on 8/22/06 1:53 pm - Bucks County, PA
Leah, Hang in there, sweetie! We are all at this point in our WLS because of the challenges presented with failing diets! After surgery, your pouch will help pull you through these moments. I am not saying that it will be easier, just different and I am sure you are going to do great! I have had to battle head hunger since coming home from the hospital and even though I so desperately want food....I know that I have to stick to this liquid diet for another two weeks and follow the progression as dictated by my surgeon or risk hurting my pouch or myself. You have had the strength to get you this far in the process (supervised diets, pre-op testing, etc). I will keep you in my prayers that you will find the strength to continue on this path. Good Luck and keep us posted! Heather T.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views