Just 2 more days!!!

ncchris98
on 8/22/06 4:03 am - Granite Falls, NC
Ok guys, just two more days until my surgery. I am so excited, nervous, and scared all at the same time, but I know everything is going to be ok and I will be sitting on the losers bench too. I have had a tough time with the liquid diet. I couldn't drink the slimfast so the dietician told me to drink the Isopure fruit flavored protein drinks. Whew what a bad taste they leave in your mouth, and now it's gotten to the point where it just about gags me when I drink it. I can't stand the taste of broth anymore and jello won't go down at all, so it's just pretty much popsicles and crystal light. But i guess the positive side is that I have lost 17 pounds since starting the liquid diet last Monday. Just keep me in your prayers as I go into surgery on Thursday. I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 Thursday morning and I'm not sure what time the actual surgery will start, but I figure probably somewhere around 7 or so. I'll keep you posted. -- Chris--
Kerry H.
on 8/22/06 1:41 pm - Worcester, MA
Good luck Chris. I am two days away as well. I wish you a quick and speedy recovery. Kerry
cj29
on 8/22/06 4:53 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Chris & Kerry -- I am so happy for you both, words can not decribe how I feel as my WLS date is 08/29th. I am excited for us all! As I started my journey, I never thought I would meet some FAB people through all this and I have. Most importantly my husband has been super supportive and my family has been great. I hope each of you has a wonderful support system in place and a great support group picked out as well. We can't have too many friends and role models for us to lean on. Do you have an Angel to us us posted? I will say a prayer for you both and wish you a fast recovery. =o) Your new friend, Carrie
smtysgrl06
on 8/23/06 12:58 am - FORT MEADE, MD
Chris my thoughts and prayers will be with you tomorrow as you start you're new adventure. I am 1 week post-op and can't believe how good I feel other then my pouch being a little irratated because I tried pureed tuna yesterday as it says you can, not ready for that yet. The main advice I can giv eyou is get up and walk and walk and walk more it will be your saving grace from those evil gas pains! Once they move, oh happy day . I'll keep looking for your update when you return home Take care and THINK THIN in 06 Rose
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views