4 days and counting

Patricia R.
on 8/23/06 2:26 pm - Perry, MI
Hi everyone, Thanks for all the good luck wishes. I am starting to experience scattered thinking that accompanies my anxiety level. Today I messed up two things at work, and felt awful for it. I know it is because I am driven to distraction by everything. I feel like I am entering the Twilight Zone, or another dimension. Kind of like "Beam me up, Scotty." I know this journey is going to be the ride of a lifetime, and I know I am ready. I just hate the anxiety that I am experiencing along the way. Just wanted to drop in and say "I am still here, and waiting, and hoping there is room on the Loser's Bench for me on Monday." Hugs, Trish
burgundylady2003
on 8/23/06 3:17 pm - small town, Canada
Hi Trish and congratulations! The countdown is on~! For me too...I am having my surgery on Tues. August 29th. One thing...I am feeling anxious too. And want to eat everything in sight! arggh, I wanted to lose another 5 pounds before the surgery. ANyone else have these feelings? I was even going to try the liquid diet, to get myself used to it. But no way, I can't do it. And now I am worried, am I going to be one of those ones who this does not work for...that would be devastating! I know it is stress, emotional eating, but...what to do??
cj29
on 8/23/06 4:20 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Trish, I am so SCARED, Nervous and alittle excited roled into one emotion. I had a panic attack today of all the what if's... I have to do some deep breathing and keep repeating over & over ... "I'll be fine, I'll be fine." I feel like I'm being such a wimp... I can't stop being so scared.. why am I so anxious? I hate pain, too... I know in my heart I need to do this for me, my health, my daughter and our future. How did all the August 06'ers deal with this before us? HELP! A WLS sister in NEED, Carrie
MARTI R.
on 8/24/06 12:44 pm - NORTON, OH
Hi Trish, I'm having mine done the same day as you. And yes, I'm having all the same distractions. I feel like I'm on a rollercoaster where the lap bar dosen't come down(which I'm very familiar with)....But I know at the end its going to be a great ride. I hope that makes sense. And that I'm not rambling.....See here I go again ...Good Luck to you! I will for sure see you on the losers side!! Marti
Patricia R.
on 8/24/06 12:50 pm - Perry, MI
I am right there with you. I know my stomach will not settle down tonight. I am thinking the doc will go in and find it dancing I have one more day at work to get through. The funny thing is, I work in a psychiatric hospital. Go figure. I told a coworker that I was afraid they would take away my key and not let me out if I rambled as much as I have been. :laugh: We will join the loser's bench on the same day. Good luck. Hugs, Trish
enzyme
on 8/25/06 5:06 pm - jersey shore, NJ
Had my "panic" attack last friday at dr's office for pre-op appt. Iv'e been pretty good this week at work, just SOOOOOOOOOOO busy. But I feel that was a blessing. I have the same surgery date too! Monday can't come soon enough, I just have to get my house in order though. Been in denial about that. Kinda sorta want to get the more important things done first, and leave the smaller stuff for recovery. (to motivate me to get up and move). Best of luck to you and have a healthy recovery! Lisa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views