New Post-op Roll Call!

bobsgirl
on 8/26/06 8:47 am - San Mateo, CA
my surgery date was August 14, 2006. Almost two weeks postop, it is hard to believe. I have an open revision with a partial removal of my stomach and currently I have a Gastromy tube (G-tube). I was up walking the day of surgery, twice. I was blessed to have a pain buster which was in addition to my pca. It truely controlled my pain. My stomach felt extremely sore, but no writhing in pain. Since I have been home I have lost 16 lbs. I have been taking my full liquids/ (pureed). It is hard to get enough fluid in. I take tylenol for pain/sore during the day and pain medication at night. my engery level is pretty steady. My doctor okay me to start driving and going to the gym. All in ALL I am pleased.
AlliP
on 8/26/06 1:11 pm - Thornton, CO
My name is Allison and I had surgery on 8/22. I am home and have been very sore on my left side. Getting the gas out sucks! Tonight I began to feel a little nausea and have been unable to get all of my liquids in. Ohh, i hope tomorrow is a better day.
dwallace
on 8/27/06 12:40 am - Phoenix, AZ
I had to switch to Isopure and the nausea/ vomiting and gas stopped. The Milk base protiens have the same protien as baby formula and some people don't tolerate it. Ginger helps nausea. I am 113 weeks out and Loving every day more and more.
Arial B.
on 8/27/06 10:42 am - Tampa, FL
Hello everyone, I had surgery on August 9th, I am doing great and I have lost 20 pounds.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 791 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views