New Post-op Roll Call!

(deactivated member)
on 8/22/06 12:51 am
My surgery was August 9th and I have lost 27lbs so far. I am doing well at home, I feel fortunate that I am off from work for 4 weeks. All of my swelling went away right off, I had to deal with my feet being cold all the time though its getting better. As I transition to softer foods I was having what felt like kidney pain. I am over that and feeling better now. My WOW moment was being able to see all the bones in my feet, that is where I lost it first and I do have calve muscle.
pattyg
on 8/22/06 12:53 am - Springfield, IL
Hi Heather! Glad you are doing well. I am three weeks out today. First week was very hard, second week much better and the last week I have struggled a bit. Probably becuase I went back to work and I think my body is trying to adjust!! I lost 41 pounds pre-op and 19 pounds post op so far. I have hit a stall this last week, but I know it will kick start up again once my body settles down a bit. I have had NO problem with nasuea, vomitting or dumping so far - so I consider myself lucky! Thanks for checking up on us!!
Bridgett Smeal
on 8/22/06 2:04 am - Lock Haven, PA
Hi everyone. I am exactly 1 week post op today. I had open surgery. The pain is still there somewhat but I am at least able to function. I still don't have much energy, but I guess that will come. As of today I have lost 15 lbs since surgery which is ok I guess. I am having a hard time getting fluids in. I can get in my protein shakes and my snacks, such as pudding and soups but jello, water, etc is the hardest. Don't know why. Best of Luck to everyone.
kayjaybee
on 8/22/06 2:30 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi friends, I'm one week post op and have lost 15 lbs. I'm a bit discouraged because I have NO energy and still have this pain below my belly button to the left when I move wrong or deep cough. I'm LOVING water and really have no inclination to eat anything - so protein is quite a challenge for me. Glad to be among friends! Hugs - K
kix
on 8/22/06 4:23 am - CO
Hi, I'm Kix. I had lap RNY on 8/14. I have been mostly OK since I came home. My first day home, the dog was really happy to see me and stood on my belly directly on my lower incision (OW!), so it is now a flowery shaped bruise. Feeling kind of UGH today -- I moved to Stage 2 food yesterday and did fine. I had a Nectar Cappuchino protein drink for breakfast this morning and it's sitting like a lead weight in my pouch. I definitely tolerate the unflavored UNJURY protein a lot better than the Nectar protein. I lost 123 lbs pre-op, so I'm not expecting to lose any obscene amounts of weight right out of the gate. If I can believe my scale, I have lost 7 lbs this week. I guess the inspirational thing for me is that I actually made it to surgery and had a successful lap procedure. It was a long, long journey to get to this stage. Congratulations to everyone! Kix 530/407/401 hw/sw/cw
Heather B.
on 8/22/06 4:52 am - Northern, NJ
Hello everyone.... my name is Heather as well... I had my lap RNY on August 5th.. I'm doing ok since I've been home. It was 2 weeks on Saturday and I have lost 26 lbs. so far (I don't know why its coming off so fast!) I've had no complications THANK GOD! I was really sore when i first came home and now feel really great except for when i sneeze I get a little pull on the left side. I'm down 1 size already! HURRAY! The only complaint that I have is that I am more exhausted this week than I was before and I'm not really sure why! Does anyone else feel this way? I need to work harder on my liquids and protein but am trying to eat lots of protein foods. So far so good and I have no regrets! Mentally it does get hard at times because I feel the need to chew but its ok... it passes! For those of you who haven't had your surgery yet good luck and if you have any questions... just let me know. I hope everyone is doing great!!!! Hugs...
Cynthia T.
on 8/22/06 8:50 am - IN, CO
ok--I am post op a dozen days. I feel great (sometimes tired in the afternoon) I stil l have to learn how to chew and NOT DRINK WITH MEALS (argh) I go tomorrow for my first check up, and some classes on food. (I could use em) I think I have lost about 12 pounds. Not sure. I feel like the surgery did not happen. I dont eat as much, but I do feel as weird or special as I thought I would. I cant wait for more restriction. I struggle alot with head hunger. I am in bandster hell right now. Cynthia 8/10/06-banded.
Patricia R.
on 8/22/06 12:34 pm - Perry, MI
Thank you all for posting. It gives me some idea what life will be like for me in a few short days. Keep me in prayer, as my anxiety level starts to rise. Hugs, trish
BrenH
on 8/23/06 1:57 pm - Vinemont, AL
Hi I am Bren and I had surgery Aug 14, I ended up in ICU the first night due to a anesthesia problem. But came home on my 3rd day, and have felt fine since, but I am worried because I dont have much hunger all day long, but at night I guess the head hunger sets in. When I do eat, things I am allowed, nothing seems to make me sick and I seem to want more than the 4-6 spoons I am allowed. Not sure if that is normal or not. My pre surgery weight was 250 and I am down to 234, so a 16 lb loss so far, I worry because so many ppl seem to be losing it faster than I am. Guess I am just still real nervous I will do something wrong. Wishing you all the best of luck!
TxMom3
on 8/24/06 1:30 am - TX
VBG on 02/17/92
Hi Everyone~I am Ashley and I had my Lap RNY on August 17th. Exactly 1 week ago today. WOW! It was a "picture perfect" surgery according to my Doctor, and for that I am thankful. I *think* I have lost about 12 lbs. I have to buy a new scale though so that may change. I am still VERY sore on my left side. I sleep with the heating pad and on the couch b/c it seems more comfortable than the bed. I think the first couple of days out I may have overdone it with my kids. I have a 18month old and he has been the most difficult part (lifting/not lifting etc) anyway, I have been blessed to have a Mom who has come over every day this week. She picks up my house, takes care of the boys, picks up my dd from school. It has been the most helpful thing. I am really looking forward to feeling better so she can stay home and rest! My dh has also been very helpful with the kids when he is home. I am so thankful! I keep thinking maybe one week from today, I will be feeling Great! I sure hope so. Anyway, the only WOW moment I can even think of, is that WOW~ I had surgery! After thinking about it and working on it for 1 1/2 years!! It is done! I can't believe it. Congrats to everyone who is post op and GOOD LUCK to all of you pre ops!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 791 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views