Tomorrow...

funnylynngirl
on 8/19/06 10:13 pm - Brooklyn, NY
RNY on 08/21/06 with
I'm due at the hospital at 6:30 am EDT...my mother, wheelchair bound in CA is panicking I know. We haven't told alot of my relatives and so she's lacking someone to talk to...I feel bad, but I live out here so this needs to occur out here. My best friend flew in to stay with me for 10 days, then back to the routine...I guess I'm frustrated I can't reassure my mom more...
burgundylady2003
on 8/19/06 10:38 pm - small town, Canada
She loves you and wants the best for you and will be worried about you until you get through your surgery. You can't reassure your mom more, other than know that she needs to go through this as much as you do. Do not take her worrying stress you out more. Deep breaths, relaxation techniques...you can do this!
Patricia R.
on 8/19/06 10:44 pm - Perry, MI
I totally understand your concern for your mom. My mom is coming to stay with me, and my sister had to take a day off from work to sit with my mom. Mom has severe anxiety on a good day. I worry more about mom than myself. Does your mom have a good friend who can stay with her tomorrow? Maybe someone from her church, or seniors group? It could help her just to have someone to sit with and have coffee with. Also, can you sign a release and have the hospital recovery room staff call her as soon as you are in recovery to let her know you are okay? Hugs, Trish
funnylynngirl
on 8/20/06 12:28 am - Brooklyn, NY
RNY on 08/21/06 with
My friend will call my mom (and my bosses) as soon as the Dr's tell her everything is ok, so I've got that part covered. I don't know about someone staying with mom...keep in mind it will be 3:30 AM when I arrive in the hospital. I said to her the other day , "With any luck we'll be done by the time you wake up, " and her relpy was, "Like I'm going to sleep!!!!". It will be fine...I know this. I just wi**** was over...
MomofKate
on 8/20/06 10:59 am - Brick, NJ
Jennifer~ I will pray for you tomorrow. Just make your friend promise that she will call your Mom FIRST, and you and go into surgery at peace. Godspeed and quick healing. Michelle, NJ
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views