Home and feeling great

Jen F.
on 8/18/06 2:36 am - Minneapolis, MN
Hey all, I hope all is well for you. I had surgery on Tuesday and came home yesterday. I'm off my pain meds. I still have some discomfort, but it's nothing that requires narcotics, it's very tollerable. I did a 14 day liquid diet instead of the 10 day my surgeon required. I hold most of my weight in my belly, so he was worried that he would have to do an open proceedure to be able to get at what he needed to, but he said the diet I did shrinked my liver so much that he had more than enough room to do everything. He also finished the surgery a hour faster than he thought he would have to. In general, I'm feeling great. I'm having problems concentrating on things, but I think that is the hangover from the narcotics. I'm drinking and walking just fine. Anything I drink makes me burp. I have 6 incisions. Five are covered with Steri-strips. The one with the Jtube (now removed) hasn't healed yet and it's a little tender. My stomach is covered with bruises from the Hepron shots they gave me while I was in the hospital (6 in all?). I've got a dark purple bruise from where my IV was. My belly and arm are covered with adhesive residue from all the tape. Even though it's too soon to get results from the surgery, I'm glad I did it. Best wishes to all. I hope all of you have as nice of a recovery as I'm having. I"m astonished at how well it's going. HUGS to all
Betz
on 8/18/06 7:07 am - Cranston, RI
Hi Jen, It is great to hear how well you are doing. Congratulations on coming through so well. I am doing really well too after my surgery. Betz
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views