Scared does not even describe it...

smtysgrl06
on 8/19/06 8:06 am - FORT MEADE, MD
I just had mine on the 15th of Aug and on the 16th I thought that I was going to threw-up all day. The morning of I don't even remember being nervous and was just ready to get things done..thank god I was the first case. The 2 days following were difficult but manageable and now I am home and already to walk that road to success and a healthier life. You'll be okay and what you're feeling isn't out of the ordinary..stay encouraged and I'll check with you when you come home. Rose
kix
on 8/20/06 4:13 am - CO
What helps me deal with stuff that scares me is to tell myself, "By X time tomorrow, it will be over and done with." I'm always surprised at how well this works. It doesn't seem as bad when you know it will be over almost before you realize it. I wasn't nervous on surgery day, except for about ten minutes in the admissions area where I had to get undressed, put on my gown, and lie on the gurney. I felt like hyperventilating! Once I got past that, I was calm, even though my surgery ended up starting two hours late. Good luck! Kix
anna1916
on 8/20/06 5:35 am - Bellmawr, NJ
I'm sorry you are so scared, but know that you are not the only one. I had my surgery on August 1st, and I cried the entire two hour drive to the hospital - seriously. I just could not believe I was doing this to myself. Now, almost 3 weeks out and down just shy of 30 pounds, I can't believe I didn't do it sooner. There are rough days - although I haven't been sick at all, I am struggling getting my protein in - can't find one I like! But I could never have imagined feeling so good so soon. I hope you decide to go through with it. It's very natural for you to be nervous - I would think there was something wrong if you weren't scared! It's an unknown for all of us until we go through it. But I can say that so far, I could not be happier that I made this decision.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 791 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views