Anyone for 8/25/06?

LEAH W.
on 8/17/06 11:42 am - MCKEES ROCKS, PA
Hi, I'm scheduled for surgery on 8/25/06 and just wondered if anyone here was too? I'm glad I stumbled across this board! Right now I am extremely anxious, nervous, excited, scared and.. well you all know exactly how I feel. I'm on a 2 week liquid diet and I'm failing miserably.. or so I feel. Because I am starving. This is very hard. As soon as I drink something about 20 minutes later I'm hungry again. I'm trying to "keep my eye on the prize" though, but it is tough. Good luck to everyone! Leah
Patricia R.
on 8/17/06 4:51 pm - Perry, MI
Hi there, I am August 28th. I am lucky. I don't have to do the liquid diet beforehand. There will be enough of that post-op for me. I feel exactly as you do. I am thrilled and anxious at the same time. Pretty soon we will both be on the loser's bench. Hugs, Trish
Surby
on 8/19/06 1:47 am
Hi!! Best wishes to you all! I'm scheduled for 8/24/06!! I cannot wait!! I'm only on the liquid diet one day prior to surgery. I think all the surgeons are so different on that one! How long do you all have to do liquids? Mine is FOREVER! I have 2 weeks clear liquids and 2 weeks thicker liquids. Ugh!! I'm shopping today! My email is [email protected] if you'd like to compare notes!!! Lisa in TN
sammyiul
on 8/19/06 1:52 pm - Bangor, ME
I'm on the 25th, too. I don't have to do the liquid diet though. My surgeon actually is one who allows the soft proteins right in the hospital. I have been shopping, though, and have the SF Instant Breakfasts all lined up, just in case my stomach has a different idea. I'm excited for Friday. Anxious and ready to get it behind me. I'd love to compare notes and maybe keep in touch, and lend a bit of support?? my email is [email protected] Good luck, all! Jodi
LEAH W.
on 8/20/06 2:26 am - MCKEES ROCKS, PA
Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who is a big ball of nerves! This is going to be a trying week, I'm just hoping that I can stay as busy as possible to keep my mind off of not eating and to hopefully pass these next days quickly. This is it guys! Our day is coming up quickly. I will continue to keep everyone in my prayers!!
Ms.Traci C.
on 8/20/06 12:19 pm - Southern Cal girl living in the South, AL
Leah, I feel your pain about the preop diet. I have to do a diet for two week too....except I get to have a meal once a day. A lean protein and a salad. The first week I thought I was going to die...I felt faint and dizzy. Had to increase my intake some...hehe! Week two is better. Really liking my protein shakes...yummy! But the food and the chewing...even better. Forgot to weigh myself before I started the diet!!! Darn it! Hugs and my your surgery be trouble free and your recovery fast and painfree! Traci
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views