Protein Struggles and 2 great drinks

Kelle F.
on 8/15/06 7:58 pm - Springboro, OH
I've been struggling since I came home getting all of my protein (75 gms) each day. Mostly because I haven't found a drink that I actually like, not just tolerate. I know that it's a part of my healthy eating now but it's been tough. Finally I've discovered something that I actually enjoy. Thank you Lord! The Matrix 5.0 protein powders are the best I've tried and I have two recipes out of the Barix binder that I really really like. Peanut Butter Cup ½ cup milk, skim 1 scoop Matrix 5.0, Perfect Chocolate 1 TBSP peanut butter, creamy 4 ice cubes Blend for 45 seconds on high. Makes one serving. Nutrition information per serving: 258 calories, 31 grams of protein, 10 grams fat, 246 sodium, 301 calcium Apple Shake ¾ cup milk, skim 1 scoop Matrix 5.0, Simply Vanilla ½ cup applesauce (no sugar added) Pinch cinnamon Pinch nutmeg 4 ice cubes Blend for 45 seconds on high. Makes one serving. Nutrition information per serving: 237 calories, 29grams of protein, 2 grams fat, 197 sodium, 377 calcium\ If anyone else out there has discovered favorites I would sure be appreciative of other recipes!!
(deactivated member)
on 8/19/06 5:15 am
I have been having a struggle with the protien too Kelle. I tried the vanilla protien with orange juice and that is about as much as I can stomach for flavor. Where did you buy the matrix brand, I heard they have a good hot chocolate that tastes good.
Kelle F.
on 8/19/06 6:03 am - Springboro, OH
I bought it off Amazon.com. My Barix Clinic sells it but at a much higher price. I just got in chocolate, vanilla and orange. I think these are the only flavors they sell. But I know I can deal with almost any recipe I try with the Matrix in it so I'm so excited that I have a full supply now. Good luck and if you happen upon any other recipies, let me know!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views