Live from Methodist Hospital

Jen F.
on 8/15/06 4:20 pm - Minneapolis, MN
Dispike a rocky bowel prep day (threw it up, had to do it again), Surgery Day was a pretty good day. Beautiful morning. Good friends and family. Unfortunately I was so zoned out after recovery, I wasn't very good company, couldn't track any conversation and could barely keep my eyes open. I slept for about an hour in the afternoon and felt great. I got myself untangled from all of my stuff (grrr, I have a catheter) and went for a walk. I walked by the nurse's station and kind of freaked her out. She didn't know I wanted to walk around. She made me promise I'd let her know I wanted to walk BEFORE I actually went for a walk. I walked three of the four wings up here and didn't really get too tired. When I was getting in bed, I popped off the bulb from my J-tube. I called the nurse. When she came into the room, she thought I had been trying to take it out! (I think not) I had some more guests and pooped out. When I woke up and had pain I wasn't having before. I really hadn't been using my morpheine pump an I knew they wanted to swtich me to Roxicet, so I called the nurse. I'm not quite sure why, but the pain was the worst I'd had so far and I started to get scared it meant something was wrong so I started crying. The nurse thought the last of my surgery drugs were wearing off which is why I finally needed pain meds. I tolerated to Roxicet ok and they gave me a sedative and I fell back asleep. I've been gotten up twice for vitals, but now at 1am I'm not really feeling like I want to go to sleep, so I thought I'd check in on you fine people. They said my next vital check is at 4am. I'm sipping 20cc of water. They want me to do 20/hour but I'm feeling more thirsty than that. I still have some air bubbles. I burp when I drink anything and my incisions are starting hurt. Things are going as well as can be expected. I'm really pleased how good I feel. Feel free to stop by and visit if you want. I think Wednesday is going to be a very good day. Thank you SO MUCH to all of you for keeping me in your thoughts and a special thanks to my Angels. HUGS to everyone! Jen
Kevin A.
on 8/15/06 4:54 pm - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
Best Wishes Jen!!! Try and get some rest!! 5 more day I'll be where you are!!!
Jen F.
on 8/15/06 11:45 pm - Minneapolis, MN
Come on down! There's room for everyone.
TxMom3
on 8/15/06 4:59 pm - TX
VBG on 02/17/92
Look at you up and posting! Wow! Glad to hear your surgery went well. Take care of yourself. It is encouraging to hear how good you seem to be doing! Keep us all posted on your progress.
kshig
on 8/16/06 5:37 am - Lansing, IL
Wow Jen, I'm encouraged to hear how well your doing, those pain meds. really work. Just take it slow and don't over do it, but walk walk walk is your best bet, so they say. I go tomarrow for my surgery, my mind is thinking way to hard. I'll pray for a speedy recovery for you and everyone else on this message board. See you in loserville, Kelly
August22
on 8/16/06 7:01 am - Pence Springs, WV
Glad to hear that your doing good! 6 more days and I'm going to join you on the loosing side! Kim
Edi P.
on 8/16/06 9:35 am - Zellwood, FL
I'm so happy to hear you're doing well! Now for the best par****ching you shrink with the rest of us! Take care of yourself and I'll see you at group! Edi
Kerry H.
on 8/16/06 10:25 am - Worcester, MA
Jen, Thanks soooo much for the update. I am glad that you are feeling so well. I went for pre-op testing today and have been feeling a little nervous about the post-op pain. I guess I can take a deep breath and get through it. I look forward to your next post. Kerry
Patricia R.
on 8/16/06 2:25 pm - Perry, MI
Hey Jen, You go girl!!! Reading your post gives me courage. I am going on the 28th. Yikes!!!! Don't be afraid to take the pain meds and keep walking as much as possible. Hugs, Trish
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views