had my surgery yesterday

BethDawson
on 8/15/06 12:35 pm - red oak, TX
I had my surgery yesterday,by Dr Kuhn in Dallas.The nurses and techs were fantastic at baylor.Many of them had had the same surgery.I can't find one thing to complain about...except it Does hurt quite bit still,in the left upper abdomen.Otherwise..a great experience!
TxMom3
on 8/15/06 5:01 pm - TX
VBG on 02/17/92
Yea for you! Glad to hear about your positive experience. I go tomorrow to Baylor~surgery with Dr McCarty. Take care of yourself and take it easy as your heal!
BethDawson
on 8/15/06 5:45 pm - red oak, TX
good luck,sweetie!I'll be praying for you!
Nauser
on 8/16/06 12:29 am - Independence, MO
I'm glad to hear a positive note. I go next Monday, 8/21. May God take the pain away quickly for you. My prayers are with you.
BethDawson
on 8/16/06 7:00 am - red oak, TX
I'll be sending positive thoughts your way.Just have a good little huggie pillow,and you'll be fine.
Kerry H.
on 8/16/06 10:29 am - Worcester, MA
Great to hear the good news. I hope you have a speedy recovery. You are really a help to us pre-ops. Kerry
BethDawson
on 8/16/06 11:09 am - red oak, TX
thanks,Kerry..I'll send good thoughts your way on the 24th!bring your huggie pillow!
Pam P.
on 8/17/06 1:13 am - LaGrange, GA
Congrats Beth! thanks for letting us know how you are.....Im sure you know how much that helps those of us who are still waiting and counting down the days. so are you able to eat anything at all? soups? Im just wondering what to have on hand.
BethDawson
on 8/17/06 12:20 pm - red oak, TX
I have been "eating" well!..cream of wheat,yogurt,pudding,and I even had some really thin mashed potatoes with gravy...and of course,I have been drinking a lot of slim fasts.
aj_from_bama
on 8/25/06 3:09 am - AL
Hi Pam! I had my surgery this past Monday Aug 21 with Dr. Scott in Rome, GA. I've been home since Wednesday afternoon. The only time I'm having to use pain meds is when I first get up in the morning (guess I'm stiff at that point) but as the day progresses I can make it without any. I am still, obviously sore... but it's getting a bit better each day. My main foods thus far have been- Carnation Instant Breakfast - no sugar added .. Mixed with skim milk + 2 tablespoons non-fat dry milk. Also plain Oatmeal, made with skim milk, + 2 tbsp non-fat dry milk, molly mcbutter and splenda. Unsweetened applesauce, mashed banana, Sugar free popsicles (these feel GREAT when I'm feeling dry-mouthed) light blended yogurt, sugar free jello, sugar free jello pudding, thin mashed potatoes served with baby food chicken (seasoned with salt, pepper, and molly mcbutter.) And, lastly Campbell's Healthy Request Cream of Chicken Soup- prepared with skim milk + 2 tbsp non-fat dry milk. All in all, not so bad. It looks like I've eaten a lot, but I've basically had each of these only once (except for jello and popsicles) I'm also drinking water or crystal light thoughout the day. Hope this helps you get an idea of what you can have when you get home. I haven't been nauseated at all thus far! Best of luck to you. Alicia
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views