1st post-op post. More pain than expected, but doing well.

Sherry K.
on 8/15/06 4:03 am - Blooming Glen, PA
Hi all. Had my surgery on 8/8, just a week ago today. I was rather surprised at the post-op pain. I think the people in the support groups I attended were all lying about it being no pain. LOL Truly, they were so pleased with their results, I think (like childbirth) they just forgot the pain. I had expected some abdominal pain, but not back pain. I'm not sure which was worse. (Ok, the abdominal was worse.) So be prepared, and take the pain meds they offer. Get my staples out tomorrow. Yippee!! Sherry
clsmex
on 8/15/06 11:49 am - Schererville, IN
RNY on 08/22/06 with
Hi Sherry....Congrats on your successful surgery. Sorry to learn that you had pain, I am sure it will be worth each and every ouch you had to go through. Thanks for the heads-up and I will definitely make sure they keep those pain meds flowin'! Good luck on the staples tomorrow! Candy
August22
on 8/15/06 12:00 pm - Pence Springs, WV
Thanks for the information I too will tell them to bring on the pain medication. :clap: on getting your staples out tomorrow!!! Kim
Nauser
on 8/16/06 12:33 am - Independence, MO
Thank you for the info on pain. I will be sure to take the pain meds. I have been gung hoe thinking oh this will be okay, I can go back to work right after surgery. I think I'll just use my sick leave and stay home. Ha
BethDawson
on 8/16/06 9:22 am - red oak, TX
lol..I had that fantasy of going right back to work,too-but I think I'll stay off my whole time,too(only 3 weeks,anyway).
cam02757
on 8/17/06 8:09 pm - Holly, MI
Hi Sherry. I had my surgery 8/14 and I am suprized by the amount of post op pain as well. My girlfriend had this done two years ago and told me she had absoulety no pain...ever. OK, so maybe it is something to forget, like childbirth...Can't wait until I forget! LOL! Hang in there and we'll get through this!
Julie122780
on 8/18/06 1:25 am
Hi Sherry! I had my surgery Aug 3rd and I had heard similar, that people experienced no pain and it was such a breeze. When I woke up from my surgery I felt horrible, honestly I felt like someone had cut me in half it was bad, my mom and boyfriend stood by my sides and tried to hold my hands but all I could do was gouge at their hands with my nails because I didn't know how to deal with the pain. Now once the epidural kicked in that was another story all together, I felt NOTHING after that baby kicked in and anytime I felt the slightest bit of anything I would push that button and I was good to go. When they took my epidural out, it was painful but about 5 days out I was feeling pretty good. Congrats on getting the staples out!!! Julie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views