My day is August 22nd

August22
on 8/13/06 1:51 pm - Pence Springs, WV
I'm new here also although I knew the board exsisted I never looked around until tonight, I wish that I had been here sooner. My time has went really fast I met with Dr. Stickler on June 19th finished up everything on July 13th and on August 4th found out I was approved for surgery (a day I will never forget) I go the Wednesday for my pre-op and while I try not to think about it too much I am a little nervous but I suppose that is normal but never the less I am excitied and can not wait to start my "new" life on the 22nd at 7:15am. So far I've lost 39lbs in 7 weeks, Dr. Stickler wanted me to loose 40 so I think that I can loose that last pound by Wednesday :-) Kim
Phil D.
on 8/15/06 3:04 am - Des Moines, IA
Good luck, Kimberley. I just had my physical/history done today. I'm both nervous and excited. I feel I have to stay focused on my surgery because fear and doubt is surrounding me. I've come too far to lose sight of my goal now and I hope your goal is focased as well. Wishing you a safe, speedy, successful surgery and recovery! Phil
August22
on 8/15/06 3:56 am - Pence Springs, WV
Phil, Thank You and good luck with your surgery also. I look at things as if they are meant to happen than they will. I have no doubt in surgery and a tiny amount of fear but I think that is just from really not knowing what to expect (ie pain, etc) The closer it gets here the more excitied I am. This time next week I will hopefully be back in my room :-D Kim
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views