New here, surgery 8/24

JJCouch
on 8/13/06 8:54 am - Hanford, CA
I only found this site a few days ago. My surgery is scheduled for 8/24. I have a preop visit on 8/22 and that is the day I start fasting. On 8/23, I have an endoscopy so they can tatoo the tumor that will be removed as well as look at the hernia again. Is it normal to be scared? Everyone here seems so excited to be at this point.
karentherese
on 8/13/06 12:33 pm - Lacey, WA
Hello! I am fairly new here as well. My surgery is also scheduled on the 24th. I am in Washington State, but will be having my surgery in Tijuana, Mexico. In what part of the world are you? A friend, her husband, and I are all having surgery on the same day, in the same hospital, by the same surgeon! Another friend was going to accompay us, but she decided to have the surgery done locally. She had her procedure this past Friday. I think it will be fun for us all to be losing at the same time! Since you are having your surgery on this day, you can be an honorary member of our club! Karen
Debb2406
on 8/14/06 4:15 am - Baltimore, MD
Welcome and goodluck on your surgery. My surgery is scheduled for Monday August the 21, 2006 and I am like you getting nervous. My sister is two years post-op told me that I will be ok.
ncchris98
on 8/14/06 11:44 pm - Granite Falls, NC
Hi Jan. I'm fairly new to the site also, but it has been such a Godsend. It is so nice to be able to hear from people who know what you are going through. My surgery is also scheduled for 8/24. I started my liquid diet yesterday and have to be on it for 10 days. That really stinks, but I know it will be worth it. I am excited about being on the losing side, but I am very nervous also. I sat down with my mom on Sunday and had "the talk". I told her about what my wishes were for my husband and kids, told her about the life insurance policy, and gave her all the important phone numbers. That really upset her, but I told her that even though I know in my heart that everything is going to go just fine, I needed the peace of knowing that just in case something went wrong, that someone had the important information since my husband probably wouldn't think about any of that. I am trying to look at all the success stories and the encouragement from all the people on this site has been wonderful. I think every emotion I have felt has also been felt by people on the site. Just stay positive and if you need anyone to talk to, feel free to email me at [email protected] or [email protected] Have a blessed day! ``Chris
Christina H.
on 8/15/06 10:08 pm - Mesquite, TX
Hey Jan! My surgery is scheduled for 8/24 also. I think that waffling between giddy/terrified/anxious/bubbling over with joy are all absolutely normal...but I agree..it's hard when you feel them all at the SAME TIME. My preop is today....and I woke up with tears in my eyes. Nine days until I can't hide behind my fat as a shield....blame my butt for my personal problems...or lean on my best friend (food) when times get tough. I am sure when its all said and done we will look back and say..."what was all that about??"....but for now....we can just feel what we feel and give ourselves permission to experience every nuance of this journey. My prayers are with you. Christy
Kerry H.
on 8/16/06 10:44 am - Worcester, MA
Hi Jan and everyone else, My date is also the 24th. I am very excited and I am sure that this is the right option for me. I am also nervous. My biggest fear is the unknown and the pain. I just pray for the strength and courage for myself and all of us. We can do it and we will be great when all is said and done. My pre-op was today, 3 hours in the hospital ugh! Everything is pretty much all set. Ionly have to do a liquid diet for 24 hours before the surgery. I feel for you folks that have to do 7-10 days. God Bless. Kerry
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 790 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views