Home - Feeling Great!

Lookin2Lose
on 8/12/06 9:23 am - AL
I came home from the hospital late Thursday evening, and I can't say enough about my doctor and her surgical staff. She prayed with my husband and I before we went into surgery, and I truly believe that God was watching over us. My surgery went long, because my doctor checked around while she was in there, and found a sizable cyst on my gall bladder. She removed the gall bladder while performing my lap rny, so my surgery took longer than expected. Instead of adding more incisions to get to the gall bladder, she spent more time, and used the incisions from my rny, so I still only have 5 incisons. She gave me a picture of the growth. I can't believe something that big was on my gall bladder, and I didn't know it. I would have occassional stabbing pains in my side, but I just assumed they were nothing, and never mentioned them. The results of the biopsy came back yesterday, and the growth was benign, PRAISE GOD! She said that my gall bladder was also inflamed. So, I believe that this surgery was not only a life saving intervention because of my weight, but also for the gall bladder surgery. I knew there was a reason my surgery was put off by a month!
PMedic8991
on 8/12/06 9:39 am - Joppatown, MD
I had my gallbladder removed too...even though my surgery was extended another hour, it made it worth it. At least now we can go about focusing on healing the right way with nothing stopping us!
Twinnytwin
on 8/13/06 4:18 am - Charlotte, NC
Welcome home, Glad your surgery went off uneventful. Now you need to get some rest so you will have enough strength for the rest of your journey. Remember to try and get in enough liquids and sip, sip, sip. Keep us updated! Twinnytwin
Mary G.
on 8/13/06 9:33 am - Deming, WA
Welcome home Alicia!! So glad to hear you're feeling so well. Sip...sip...sipMaryG
Pam P.
on 8/14/06 5:32 am - LaGrange, GA
Wow amazing..........great to hear you are doing well...I cant believe your doctor prayed with you........that is awesome! I wish they would take out my gall bladder while they are in there...I may ask them too...I know it will give me problems...but finding a growth like that is unreal. God was really with you! Wow...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 791 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views