Surgery postponed

Heather T.
on 8/12/06 8:37 am - Bucks County, PA
Hi everyone, I just got a call from Barix, my surgery has been postponed to an unknown date (but they said hopefully Wednesday). They said they just found out that there is an illness on the surgery team and have to postpone all surgeries for Monday. They said that I will get a call on Monday morning with a date, but right now they don't have one to give me. WTF?? Maybe I just should have stayed with my date for 8/24, now I wouldn't be heartbroken! Man, this is a bummer, I was finally ready and excited and now I feel like I have been shot down. This stinks! Any prayers or support would be appreciated. Heather T.
Lookin2Lose
on 8/12/06 9:34 am - AL
Awww, Heather... I'm so sorry you had your date yanked on you like this at the last minute. The same thing happened to me last month, and I know how deflating it can be. On the brighter side, I truly believe that everything happens for a reason, and that God does things in his own time. I'm sending prayers of strength and comfort to you. I'm praying that your new surgery date goes off without a hitch!
clsmex
on 8/12/06 11:40 am - Schererville, IN
RNY on 08/22/06 with
Awwwwww, Sweetie -- I am soooooo very sad to hear this for you. I can only begin to imagine how you are feeling....and I know how disappointing this has to be and I am sorry! BUT, let's keep positive and strong thoughts here....you don't need to be exposed to an "illness" from some person on your surgical team as you need to be in the best of health for a quick recovery so you can begin your new healthy life! AND just think with a few extra days prior to surgery you can get some additional exercise/walking in so you can be even stronger during your recovery. Just remember your August support buddies are here for you no matter which day becomes your re-birth! Keep us apprised of your new date! Candy
Heather B.
on 8/13/06 2:12 am - Northern, NJ
Hi Heather... my surgery was postponed as well. I was scheduled for surgery on July 31st and got the call the Thursday prior telling me that my surgery had to be postponed til 9/18 - omg I was so freaking devastated! I finally just accepted it and realized that hey when its meant to happen it will (although I was still p-od!)Anyway... for some reason i got a call from my surgeons office on 7/31 and rescheduled me for 8/5 which worked out so much better being a saturday! I didn't have to do so much coordination with my son, etc.. so what I'm trying to tell you is that it will work out for the best even though you don't see it now you will. Hang in there! I will say a prayer for ya and hope that you get an early date! Heather RNY-8/5/06 210/189/125
August22
on 8/13/06 1:55 pm - Pence Springs, WV
I'm sorry to hear that your surgery was postponed Kim
dstlady6
on 8/13/06 2:37 pm - WILKE-BARRE, PA
Heather T, I hate to hear that!!!!!!!!!!!But, know that this is happening for a reason. You are in my prayers. Lady T.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 791 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views