9 days post op and checkup rocked!!!

Tanya-RN
on 8/11/06 5:31 am - Spring, TX
I am so happy and wanted to share with everyone. I went to my week check up and I have lost 16lbs!!!!! Dr. Davis said I am doing wonderful. My dressing was removed, and my diet got increased to soft blended food. I told him that I have been walking 1 mile a day and he was impressed but when I said that I get tired easily he said stop pushing yourself so hard- a mile is pretty much lol. My incisions are so small and healing well with a bit of bruising noted. I have a 4-6 week short term disability cause my job has no light duty- I am an ICU RN and the no lifting >5 lbs is not possible. But Dr. davis said that if I push too hard then he will clear me to go back to work sooner lol OK OK I will slow down rofl. Guys I feel so good and this was the best thing I could have done and want you all to know that YOU too can and will feel this good in a short amount of time. Good luck to all of you would surgery date is coming up. I am saving you a seat so we can bounce together!!!! hugs, Tanya
(deactivated member)
on 8/11/06 8:43 am - MI
Hi Tanya, WOW...Super Job...I bet you feel proud of your great accompolishment so early after surgery. Don't overdo it, take it easy and enjoy that time off work. My surgery date is wednesday Aug. 16, and can't wait. I am so ready to feel that great again, and to watch the scale go down for once. YES...save a spot for me, and I will gladly bounce with you. Keep up the great work! hugs, Cheryl
Heather T.
on 8/11/06 12:59 pm - Bucks County, PA
Hi Tanya! Congrats on your weight loss so far!! That is AWESOME I can't believe that you are 9 days post op already, man does time fly! Congrats and keep up the good work Heather T.
Tanya-RN
on 8/13/06 7:28 am - Spring, TX
Heather, I read your post that your surgery is postponed and I am so sorry honey!!! They changed mine to the 2nd when I was scheduled for the 11th and even after that they almost did not take my EKG. All of that rollarcoaster ride was hard on me so I can understand what you are going through. But you are going to be on this side of the losers before you know it. I will say some huge prayers for you and I am watching and supporting you BIG time. Keep that sunny personalty that you are famous for and all of your dreams will be coming your way soon. Hugs, Tanya
Heather T.
on 8/14/06 12:58 am - Bucks County, PA
Tanya, Thanks for the prayers and support. I am rescheduled for Wednesday...Yahoo! Thanks, Heather
Kevin A.
on 8/12/06 4:51 pm - Bombay, CA
RNY on 08/21/06 with
That's great news!!! I hope to be doing as good as you!!
Tanya-RN
on 8/14/06 2:53 am - Spring, TX
Kevin, You are going to be wonderful and a huge support for all of us on the Aug list. Your day is coming so quickly and we are all pulling for you and a speedy recovery. Keep me updated and know I am saving you a seat on the loser bench!!!!! hugs, Tanya 252/261/239/140 pre-op/hospital/current/goal
Tanya-RN
on 8/14/06 3:21 am - Spring, TX
Angie, First of all congrats on your new you!!!! You have done a wonderful job with losing already. Ok now do dish how you have lost so much so quickly???? What kinds of foods are you eating and what exercises are you up to now. My weight loss was going so quickly and it seems to be slowing wayyyyy down sigh. I almost think it is close to that time of the month ( i dont want to gain the normal 5-10 lbs ) You are going back to work so quickly compaired to me. I am on a weight restriction of no lifting >5lbs for 6 weeks and I work in an ICU so there is no light duty. What type of nursing do you do????? Again congrats on the loss and the decision to restart your life. keep me posted hugs, Tanya 252/261/239/140 pre-op/home from hospital/current/goal
Angie F.
on 8/14/06 12:28 pm - Jackson, MO
Tanya, Congrats should come right back at ya!! You have done just as well!! I probably only lost the extra 2 lbs. because of water weight. I also talked my doc into locking the fluids less than 24 hrs. post op. I came home from the hospital and had lost 7 lbs in the 2 weeks pre-op because of my required clear liquid diet. Now here is the bad news, I have already gained some of my weight back. It is that time of the month and I hope that is all that the problem is. I also had a hard time with protein at first but now am better. Hopefully I will start to lose again soon. I just started on the treadmill today. Before I had been going to the flea market, mall, etc. I am not too worried about my weight so far because doc said don't worry for a couple weeks. Anyway, I am very proud of you for being a loser too. I am a staff nurse on the neuro unit at work. 255/232/145 preop/home from hosp/goal
Angie F.
on 8/12/06 4:55 pm - Jackson, MO
Tanya, I am 12 days post-op (surgery 8/1) and am just as excited as you. I too am an RN and will be returning to work on 8/15. I am ready to get back to a normal life now. Not to mention getting away from the house so that I can qui****ching the scale, so to speak:-D Congratulations on your weight loss! I know how good you feel! I was down 18 at my post-op visit. I continue to thank God every day for allowing me this opportunity to change my life around. Keep up the good work!! :cool: Angie 5'8" 255/232/145
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 791 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views