Small Changes

Jen F.
on 8/11/06 3:21 am - Minneapolis, MN
I went to get a bone density scan done this morning (my last appointment before surgery) and learned some interesting things: 1. I am taller than I thought I was. The Rhumetologist (sp) "officially" measured my height and I am over 5'4" 2. I was weighed and I'm losing from the liquid diet. Maybe down 11 pounds now. 3. My total hip bone density is in the 124th percentile. I got hips of STEEL! The combo of changes has moved my BMI out of the 50's and into the 40's. Still terrible, I know, but it's nice to see changes, even if they are small. YAY me 4 days until surgery.
Heather T.
on 8/11/06 1:04 pm - Bucks County, PA
Hi Jen, Congrats on getting your appointments done!! I just finished with my family dr yesterday and got my surgery time (8:30am) for Monday, so I am ready to go too! Congrats on the weight loss thus far and drop in BMI.... If you think you are taller now, just think about post surgery when you are "walking tall"...Corny, yes I know. I am 6'1" and 1/2 inch...I hold onto the last 1/2 inch because it means that I am taller than my hubby ;) Good luck on Tuesday! Heather T.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 791 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views