Insurance Approved, Surgery Aug 29, 2006!

lea2be
on 8/10/06 3:21 pm - LaBelle, FL
Hi all! I just found out this afternoon that my insurance company finally approved me! My surgery will be Aug 29th, 2006 and I'll be having a lap RNY. I also got weighed today and found out that I have lost another 7 1/2 pounds, for a total pre-op loss of 16.5 pounds since 7/13. This has been accomplished primarily by pushing to get 100 grams of protein in each day. By the time I eat that protein, I am full and stay that way! I've been averaging 1300 calories a day and getting in an average of 93 grams of protein with 98 percent of that protein intake being from actual food as opposed to protein supplements/shakes. I've ordered some samples of various protein powders so that I can get hopping on trying out proteins.... I know now that keeping my protein intake up will be the biggest key to my post-op success. Best wishes to my fellow pre-ops and those of you fortunate enough to be post-op too! Hugs, Lea in WV
Fabat50
on 8/10/06 4:56 pm - Port Charlotte, FL
That is great news. Sounds like everything is falling into place. I am having surgery on August 24. I started 2 weeks of protein shakes and this is day one. It is tough but I will do whatever it takes. Good luck and my thoughts are with you.... Netta in Fla.
(deactivated member)
on 8/11/06 12:38 am - MI
CONGRATULATIONS Lea on getting a surgery date. It will be here before you know it. Good luck on your pre-op diet, just remember it will all be well worth it. I have been on my pre-op diet for 9 days. It isn't that bad, especially when you see the results it shows you on the scale. My big day is Aug. 16, I can't wait. Best of luck to you. Hugs, Cheryl
Jen F.
on 8/11/06 3:23 am - Minneapolis, MN
Congrats!
lea2be
on 8/11/06 3:44 am - LaBelle, FL
Thanks to you all for the congrats! And, best wishes to each of you as you approach surgery yourselves! Big Healing Hugs!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 791 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views