Pre-op was yesterday!!

ncchris98
on 8/11/06 12:29 am - Granite Falls, NC
Good morning! I had my pre-op yesterday and met with the WLS dietician and nurse. Boy it was a long day. I had to meet with the insurance rep. at the surgeons office and pay my deposit, then I went to the hospital to meet with the Anesthesiologist, have my lab work, my EKG, and my chest x-ray done. The only bad part was when they drew the blood for the blood gases. I've never had blood drawn from an artery. The lady who stuck me the first time missed the artery and kept moving the needle around trying to hit it. Man that hurt like heck. She never could get the needle in the artery, so she called another lady down and she finally got it. I hope I never have to have blood gases checked again. That was definately the most painful part. Then I met with the nurse and she went over what to expect the day of surgery and during the hospital stay and she also discussed medications. Then the dietician came in and went over the pre-op diet, the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd day after surgery diets, and then the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd week diets. She also discussed the importance of putting ourselves on a schedule to make sure we are eating. I was so glad they had the wonderful little binder made up with all the things we could eat at those different stages printed out. I feel so much more at ease about the surgery after yesterday. I had a lot of questions answered at the education class I attended when I started this process, but yesterday relieved alot of fears. I am so excited. I can't wait until the 24th. I start my liquid diet on Monday. I don't think it will be too bad during the week, but the weekend will be hard to get through. I hope everyone has a great weekend! Chris
(deactivated member)
on 8/11/06 12:44 am - MI
Chris, WOW they put you through the ringer all at once, didn't they? But hey, you got alot of it done. Glad you are at ease now. The pre-op diet isn't too bad, I am on day 9 today, and surviving it. haha Really, it will be well worth it when you step on the scale. I had my last pre-op appt yesterday, along with bloodwork, as my surgery is wednesday the 16th. Anyway, I lost 6lbs. in a week!! YEAH...it is so nice to see the scales go down instead of up. I wish you the best of luck on everything, it will be here before you know it. hugs, Cheryl
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 791 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views