Are you Bypass or Band???

Annette R.
on 8/9/06 7:49 am - Billings, MT
I'm scheduled on 8/21/06 to have the Lap Band. For me it is the best choice. Portion control is my #1 issue and sweets aren't that big of a deal. I just am too afraid of the risks with the bypass. Would you all let me know what you are having/have had this month? Thanks!
Jen F.
on 8/9/06 7:51 am - Minneapolis, MN
Laproscopic RNY on 8/15
KRISTI C.
on 8/9/06 9:21 am - MERRILLVILLE, IN
RNY on 08/01/06 with
Well, I was originally going to have Lap-Band, but when I new I could eat (graze) all day & that it would pass through that hole a little at a time & still go into this HUGE stomach. i said I want Bypass. Everyone is different & there reasons are different. I had Bypass on 8-1-06 & am down 13 lbs. Was released today to go back to work on Monday. I had a great Dr. @ Northwestern in Chicago. Kristi
Jan C.
on 8/9/06 5:34 pm - Cedar Creek, MO
I am scheduled for Lap.rny on the 14th. my reason for doing rny instead of banding was because i didnt want to keep going back and forth to get fills and knew that for me it just wasnt the right thing to do. Jan
aleks1381
on 8/9/06 10:20 pm - toronto, Canada
I am having RNY on the 28 th..........May God be with us and guide surgions hands
pattyg
on 8/10/06 12:27 am - Springfield, IL
Lap RNY on 8-1-06 For me the issue WAS sweets. I knew I would eat around the band, so RNY was the best choice in my case. I know several people with the band and they love it and are doing great! Good luck!!
LeeS
on 8/10/06 3:25 am - Tyler, TX
Just had the lap-band on Aug 4th. Doing great on it so far!! I wanted something that would be adjustable. Still on liquids, not hungry at all, have not been sick one time, have no pain from my incisions, but the gas trapped under my rib cage almost killed me the first day. I could not be happier.......have lost 15 pounds so far. I too was afraid of the bypass and I have a friend that lost 125 lbs with the band. Don't be afraid....just jump into a new life!!
CHEKI318
on 8/10/06 1:04 pm - ABERDEEN,, NJ
We had the surgery the same day. After the first 3 days I am now doing great... feeling so much better and not hungry really at all. I wish you well. I haven't gotten on the scale yet. Took my bandages off today and the incisions look great! I am very happy about that! Good luck with your wait loss!
robbie33
on 8/10/06 9:16 am - Western, MA
I am having the band done tomorrow. (Oh my gosh that is soon) I also like the fact that the band in adjustable and reversible. I do know people that have had the bypass and are doing great. Everyone has to do what they feel comfortable with and what works for them. I need to lose about 100 pounds and this board is so inspiring. I love it! Thanks everyone for helping me make the decision to have this done. Robin
CHEKI318
on 8/10/06 1:06 pm - ABERDEEN,, NJ
Band band band! I have several friends who have had the bypass and after 3 years are gaining the weight back again... at least with the band it is adjustable! I had it done a week ago and I already feel better... I won't lie and say it was the easiest thing to do originally but now I am so glad I did it! Good luck you are making a wonderful decision!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 791 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views