Home safe and sound a bit long

Taffydoll
on 8/6/06 4:43 am - Coquitlam, Canada
My Surgery Story Well I got to Victoria on the 2nd and started my bowel prep at 2:30. YUK YUK YUK!! It finally stopped by 8:30pm and started up again at 3:30am!! We stayed at the Traveller Inn, nice place. I was the first person at the hospital on the 3rd 15min early. Right at 6am they took me to the pre-op area and had me changed and drugged J. At about 7:30 they took me in to waiting area for surgery. It was quite busy in there. When my time came they took me to OR 13!!!! Good start J Dr. Amson came in and said hi and next thing I knew I was in recovery. I had lost my voice for a bit. I was taken up to my room in 3 Royal and just wanted to go for a walk. The nurse thought I was nuts. She did let me stand up, no dizziness!! Dr. Amson came by my room and said all went great, I asked him how Sheila did and he said she did fine too, I then tried to sleep for the rest of the day. I had 2 roommates who had lots of visitors that drove me nuts. I did get up and walked the halls a bit on my own. Aug 4th at about 10:30 went for the lovely leak test. YUK YUK YUK. Thankfully it went fast. At about 3ish the nurse said I passed and brought me in some water, she also took out my catheter and drain tube. My nurse Debbie warned me that the stuff we have to drink for the leak test would give you diahreaa and it sure did. It still has not stopped. We missed the lunch trays. Had some broth for supper. Aug 5th I was allowed to go home. Sheila and I spoke with Dr. Amson on the phone as he was heading out for the rest of the weekend and was not coming back coming to the hospital. Dr. Amson said I could go home either Sat or Sunday so I took Sat. I packed my little bag and left. Sheila was just waiting for her nurse to tell her she could leave. I had great nurses every one of them were awesome!! It doesn't feel like I had much done. It just feels like I have been kicked in the gut. I have 5 little poke holes that are healing just great. At the hospital I was walking a ton. Here at home not so much, hard to go down the street when you have run to the bathroom all the time still.
KRISTI C.
on 8/6/06 4:48 am - MERRILLVILLE, IN
RNY on 08/01/06 with
Welcome home. My surgery was Aug. 1st & I'm doing well. Keep on walking. Kristi
Danielle M.
on 8/6/06 6:05 am - Meridian, MS
Congrats on the surgery and coming home safe and sound! I had my surgery on the first! Keep up with as much walking as you can! It is so important. Hugs, Danielle
Julie122780
on 8/8/06 5:38 am
Welcome home! I also had my surgery 8-3! Best of luck to you with everything!! Julie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 791 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views