Question for the new post ops's/veteren post ops?????

Ramona_Lisa
on 8/10/06 7:53 am - Ramona, CA
Lisa in Ramona--first day home--had surgery 8/8/06. Here are my answers, Tanya & congrats on a successful surgery! Hey I am curious what foods are you drinking/eating? Propel, ice chips, water. Are you adding protein already yet? nope, not yet. Having any trouble with all of the vitamins? not added yet. Get tired more easily and take naps? do feel weaker---will see. For the Lap RNY's--- does your tummy still feel bloated and full almost like pregnancy? Tummy does feel bloated a little. How much are you walking each day or what other forms of exercise are you doing? Supposed to walk 10 minutes 8 times a day. How much water are you getting in? Praying I can manage the target of 4 bottles of Propel. Not sure yet! Any weight lose already? Did you gain after surgery? Haven't thought of checking the scale! Just a sec... 265--but I weighed in at 261 the morning of surgery. Must be the bloating?? ANd I haven't visited the toilet in a bit either. How is your pain level and any nausea or vomitting yet? Pain level low--3sih --no nausea or vomiting yet--but just have water on today's agenda. Lisa in Ramona
lea2be
on 8/11/06 4:44 am - LaBelle, FL
I see several folks mentioning cream soups... Cream of what? mushroom? chicken? Which ones are "good" for you in these first weeks pre-op? Any to avoid? And, I see that some of you blenderize and/or strain them while others don't... Is this absolutely necessary or did you do it only when you saw you had issues with not doing it? As for adding protein powder to stuff, which protein powder are you using when you add it to stuff like applesauce, jello, pudding, and such? I've heard good things about the Unjury unflavored... Any others that you guys liked? THANKS FOR ALL THE HELPFUL INFO!!
Barbara G.
on 8/17/06 2:49 pm - Salem, OH
Hi Lea! Sorry I'm so slow at re-posting. My doc/nutritionist specified that while on liquids I had to strain them after blending so that no little 'spec' of food would or could clog my pouch. Now that I am on purreed I don't have to strain them. I was told I could have cream soups that didn't contain anything 'gassy' ie. broccoli, cauliflower, etc. So I had cream of mushroom (my favorite) and cream of chicken (seemed a bit heavy in my pouch) or cream of turkey, I had pea soup as well. I never liked pea soup before so this surgery must change your tastebuds. I bought most of my protein from bariatriceating.com. The matrix chocolate I put in my coffee and have a cappuccino, I have some isopure banana that I put in sugar free chocolate pudding. tastes just like a chocolate covered banana... yum. Some people put it in their cottage cheese and jello too. I like the Matrix the best, but they say the Isopure creamy vanilla is a good one to start with... you can add any unsweetened flavorings (from the grocery store) and make milkshakes with sugar free ice cream and lowfat milk.... or put it in any pudding or shake it over fruit or cereal.... depending where you are on the food pyramid .... hope this gives you some ideas. hugs, Barbara G.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 791 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views