I'm Home :-)

anna1916
on 8/4/06 12:50 am - Bellmawr, NJ
Well, I came home last night after having surgery on Tuesday. I feel absolutely fine, and have lost 11 pounds already - of course, the liquid diet did that! I have been off pain meds since Wednesday morning, and am up to about 4 ounces of fluid an hour. Warm tastes better than cold, and I'm finding some of the things I bought to have when I came home are NOT my favorite foods. I used to eat Jello all the time, but now it seems to have some funky taste to it, as does broth. Hot tea is my friend. I feel really good - a little tired still, but in the hospital, they wake you every 2 hours to check vitals. My surgery was scheduled for 7:30, but I ended up not going in until 10 due to an emergency procedure in the room I was scheduled for. They kept me on bedrest the entire day and overnight, but then let me get up the next day. I walked the halls until I was bleary eyed - I couldn't wait to get home! So, I'm home, feeling good, optimistic that all will continue to go well!
Jen F.
on 8/4/06 4:55 am - Minneapolis, MN
Welcome home and congrats on being a loser! It's great to hear you're feeling so well. I hope to do as well as you!
Patricia R.
on 8/4/06 8:18 am - Perry, MI
Congratulations. I am glad you are feeling as well as you are. That is promising. Keep walking and keep drinking the water. Hugs, Trish
nanahanna
on 8/4/06 11:21 am - AR
Glad you are home and doing so well! I hope I do as well! Monday is the day!!!
anna1916
on 8/4/06 12:21 pm - Bellmawr, NJ
Thank you all. It is an amazing ride - I went to the hospital in tears, and feel so much better today than I could have hoped for. I am not kidding myself that the worst is over - I'm just going to stay optimistic that all will continue to go well. Good luck, Monday, Sharon! I know you'll do great!!
KRISTI C.
on 8/4/06 11:47 pm - MERRILLVILLE, IN
RNY on 08/01/06 with
Welcome Home I also had surgery on Tuesday & doing OK. Welcome to the losing side. Kristi
PMedic8991
on 8/5/06 2:19 am - Joppatown, MD
Welcome home...can't wait to join you on the losing side on Thursday!
Tanya-RN
on 8/5/06 6:24 am - Spring, TX
Anna, I got home last night and I feel good as well. I still take the liquid loratab right before I go walking or up and down my stairs. I dont any pain otherwise and I am grateful for that one. I am envious of your weight lost- I was told mine cause I got dehyrdated and they gave me 3 liters of IV Fluids. tell me what you are eating/drinking right now? Are you doing all protein? How about your vitamins? I still get tired easily so I am up for about 3-4 hours and then down for a nap for 1-1/2 hours. Please tell me this is normal??? I am going to keep up with you since we are soclose on our dates. I am happy everything for you went so well. keep me updated...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 791 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views