have a date, need support

Gwendolynn C.
on 8/3/06 3:34 pm - chicago, IL
you get so caught up in waiting for a date it's like it takes forever, and then when you get one, you get scared senseless . I hope, I can remeber to take care of those last minute things before sugery. can anyone relate or offer any words of encouragement?
Twinnytwin
on 8/3/06 11:35 pm - Charlotte, NC
Congrats, Gwendolynn, It looks like we have the same date . I dont know what time my surgery will be I hope its the first one that morning. I'm having the Lap RNY. Some of the things I have done are: 1. Get broth (organic) 2. SF ice pops 3. Cream soups 4. SF jello 5. Low fat SF yogurt 6. Whey Protein (Orange creamsicle and unflavored) 7. Cottage cheese 8. Pedometer (so I can keep track of my steps) 9. Chap stick (Carmex) 10. Samples of Isopure fruit drinks (on Bariatric Website) 11. Chewable Iron, Calcuim with D, Multivitamin 12. Sublingual B-12, B-Complex and Biotin I know I am forgetting something . I hope this helps. Twinnytwin
Jen F.
on 8/4/06 3:05 am - Minneapolis, MN
I've been cleaning my house and packing up the largest sizes of my winter clothes. I'm planning on having ALL of my laundry done and put away before I leave so I won't have to do a thing when I come home. I cleaned out all the tempting stuff from the fridge, freezer and pantry. I have baby spoons and baby dishes. I have small storage containers. I bought ice cube trays to freeze small portions of food in. Things I'm bringing to the hospital that weren't mentioned: - Laptop computer - Favorite pillow - iPod - DVDs - Camera (to take pictures of the friends who visit me) - Small Scrapbook (for people to sign when they vist. I might not remember they were there) - Hospital paperwork - Journal - Magazines/books - PJs (I'm not down with wearing a gown)
Patricia R.
on 8/4/06 8:16 am - Perry, MI
I have done some, but not all of my preparations. I have some cotton night shirts I like to sleep in, and am taking my favorite down pillow and pictures of my kids and cats. I have purchased some chewable vitamins, but haven't gotten the chewable Calcium or Iron tablets. I need to get an iPod or MP3 player. Hugs, Trish
PMedic8991
on 8/5/06 2:17 am - Joppatown, MD
It seems like when I make a trip to the store to get something, I get home and realize I have forgotten something else! LOL...but its cool! Make sure to pack what you think you will be able to do. I packed books, magazines, DVDs...and in case I feel better my cross-stitching (but I dont know about counting...lol, dilaudid does wierd things to me). My biggest worry is not being entertained.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 791 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views