I LOVE THIS SITE!!!!

Christina H.
on 8/1/06 11:59 am - Mesquite, TX
I just found this site about 4 weeks ago thru my surgeons office. Then 2 weeks ago I found the forum for Texans...and now specifically for August Re-Birthdays!! FANTASTIC! So nice to not only have access to have mentors from the other forum...but also peers...comforting is the word I think. My name is Christy..I am 40...married to the love of my life (nabbed him at the Senior Prom in high school and haven't let go of him yet!)...three beautiful daughters...and a wonderfully supportive family. I am having Lap RNY at Presbyterian Hospital of Plano on AUGUST 24th!!! I am wavering between ecstatically giggling like a school girl to blubbering like a big ole baby....not sure whats going on with the crying jags...but I guess whatever emotion(s) I am releasing....it's probably healthy. I have started taking my vitamins...making sure I eat at least 40 grams of protein...even without surgery I found I am not a big protein eater...and making sure I exercise and get in my water...figured its never too late to start good habits. The only thing I haven't done is pick a protein drink...it just sounds gross to me...so gonna wait till I am feeling more adventuresome to start taste testing.....all I need is another reason to cry...*sheesh* Ok..so thats me in ...a nutshell....ok....more like the tree trunk of the nut....but one day I will fit into a nutshell See you guys round! Christy
Twinnytwin
on 8/3/06 12:27 am - Charlotte, NC
I love this site too. Congrats on your surgery My surgery is August 21st. I also have 3 wonderful chldren 2 boys and 1 girl. 24, 18 and 12. I'm 41 yrs old and I have been divorced for 2 years. I was married for 19years to my Middle school sweetheart. I am having Lap RNY at CMC Mercy Hospital in Charlotte, NC. I started on vitamins in January when I decided this would be the year I would have WLS. I am supplementing 1 meal right now with a protein drink. I use light soy milk with Orange creamsicle protein (allthewhey) and add 1 banana. I never knew heaven could taste so good. That one 8oz drink gives me 31.25 grams of protein and my nutrtionist told me that I could use two scoops of protein after surgery to make sure I get in my protein. That would give me 56.25 grams of protein in one 8 oz drink Wow is all I could say. I'm sending warm prayers for an uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery your way . We will bother be loser's soon. Twinnytwin
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 791 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views