Aug. 7th Surgery

april ~.
on 8/1/06 12:32 pm - CT
Hello all, I am new here. I just found this web site. I have to say I like it and I haven't been on long....2 days..lol My nerves and anxiety is just starting, any words of wisdom????
Christina H.
on 8/1/06 1:26 pm - Mesquite, TX
Hey April! No words of experienced wisdom...my surgery is not until 8/24....but man have I learned a lot here! The biggest thing I learned for now is... 1. What to take to the hospital (flavored chapstick, your own pillow, etc.) 2. How to make it on the pre-op and post-op clear fluids 3. Anxious/nervous/giddy/ecstatic/terrified are all normal 4. Everyone is pulling for you!! Lots more to learn...but thought I would share the little bit I have... Prayers for your surgery on next monday! Christy
rmtkids
on 8/2/06 2:59 pm - Uniondale, NY
Hi April, My surgery date is Monday, August 7, 2006 also, not nervous yet just a little anxious. Lot's of prayers to you and do keep me in mind too for it goods to know that we are not alone. Rose
april ~.
on 8/4/06 1:01 pm - CT
Rose I will definetly be praying for you too.....God luck and much sucess to you..... APRIL
april ~.
on 8/4/06 12:59 pm - CT
Thanx Christy I will bring some chapstick...lol
cmdavitt
on 8/3/06 6:54 am - Long Valley, NJ
Hi April! I am also on August 7th! I have my house stocked up with SF jello, chicken broth. I want to go down to the Jersey Shore on Saturday and jump in the waves and eat some seafood. How about you? Any last minute fun plans? I hope to keep my nerves/anxiety in check by keeping busy! Hugs and prayers - Chris Davitt
april ~.
on 8/4/06 1:03 pm - CT
Hello Chris, Are you on clear liquids for 2 days????
dwillis0723
on 8/3/06 12:37 pm - New Haven, CT
I also have a surgery date of August 7th... and I am still way to excited to be nervous. With the amount of people I am seeing on this and other websites and in real life, the risk is always there because doctors are human beings, but the reward looks so much sweeter thru the eyes of those who have already been thru this part of the journey. I just look forward to living a larger, fuller life as a smaller me. I'm ready to live it up and really take charge!!!!! I'll be thinking of and praying for you, me and all the others that share our August 7th surgery date. I'm ready to be a loser!!!!! Peace Dana
Linda J.
on 8/5/06 7:42 am - MyTown, NY
Hey April, we share a surgery date. I'm having my surgery on Aug. 7th also! I guess at this point all we have left is prayer...so, I'll be remembering you in my prayers asking that He guide the hands of your surgeon so that your surgery is uneventfull and asking that you have a gentle recovery. Best Wishes! Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 724 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 791 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 838 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 967 views