Hi Friends.....Exercise Post Reborn???

Tammy H.
on 1/21/07 11:45 pm - Camden, NY
Wow it's been a while since I've last posted. I've been doing well. Staying pretty steady around 180, but working on getting it down. Went to see my surgeon on Jan 5th & was down 101 lbs from surgery on their scale (183). I met with Mary, the nutritionist, & decided I'd like to come back in a month to check my weight again. This is the point when grazing & eating more comes into play. I think knowing I have to go back in 4 weeks keeps me more accountable than an appointment in 6 months. So, on my scale I was 179 today. I saw 178 a couple weeks ago, but I'll take 179. Would love to be in the 170's on their scale when I go back on the 2nd of Feb. I know a big part of the stall in weight is lack of exercise . I've been working so much overtime that's it's unbelievable . We're also waiting to hear on whether or not we will be buying a house so that's been keeping me busy too. Not to mention the running with the girls . I really am working hard to take that 30 minutes for me. My sister got a pilates machine for Christmas & this morning I dropped the girls off at school & went right to her house & did the 30 minute workout. Wow those little moves really work every inch of your body. I'm going to try to make it my goal to do this every day this week. Smaller goals are easier for me to attain. My second goal is to continue to work on the basics. Uping my protein, keeping my liquids up & my carbs down. Choose healthy things between meals like fruits or veggies (if I really need something between meals.) Make myself stop & think before I grab something. Ask myself if I'm really hungry or am I just bored, tired, etc etc. I believe this is key to success. So, hows everyone else doing? Should I start to post a daily exercise log again??? Is anyone up for the challenge? I think we all NEED this right now more than anything. I miss all of you soooo much. I need to check in at least once a day again. You all helped me so much throughout this journey, I can't even imagine going forward without you.... Anyway, I can't believe I just passed my 17th month post op...wow . Let's set a goal to hit by 18 months. Doesn't have to be a specific weight...just something small & attainable... Of course I will start & I will put a goal weight as well, if I hit it, great, if not...I'll shoot for number 2-5. By February 15 I would like to 1. Be 176 2. Working out a minimum of 3 times a week (30 minutes each time) 3. Protein at a minimum of 60 grams a day (add a protein drink back in) 4. At least 64 oz of liquids a day 5. Continue with vitamins & calcium daily OK.....here I go......... Who's with me??????? Anyone??? Someone??? 1 person??? Come on ladies & gents............ Either way.....I love you all Tammy 291/284/179/176 by 021506
Mrs. G
on 1/22/07 3:57 am - E. City, NC
Hi Tammy! I got myself back on track on Dec. 29, but I'd still like to join you if it's ok. Since my reality check I've lost 15 lbs (I'd gained a lot back tho), quit eating all simple carbs (my only carbs right now are in fruits/veggies), and have gone back to excersising 6 days a week. My calorie intake is way too low right now according to my DH, but I'm ok with it, as long as the weight comes OFF! My surgiversary is less than 2 weeks away... so I'm not sure I can accomplish much between now and then but I'll give it my best shot! Okay, so by Feb. 1st I would like to 1. Lose anything - even one lb is better than being stuck or gaining 2. Get in more water. I live off decaf coffee. I'm gonna do 64 oz of water a day. 3. Continue excersising at LEAST 30 minutes or more six days a week. I'll do this by alternating between using my treadmill and my Bowflex. 4. Continue to get in my vitamins daily. I had completely quit taking vitamins for months, but have only missed one dose now in 3 weeks. 5. Continue to heal my body and mind, remember daily that I control ME, nothing else does. Thanks for posting this Tammy! I'm gonna be hitting that treadmill here shortly. Connie 269/175/163 surgeon's goal/150 my goal Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is called the Present because it's a gift from GOD!
Tammy H.
on 1/22/07 4:20 am - Camden, NY
Connie, You're doing great. I'm so proud of you. Feel free to post daily. That's what this is for. We all really need to keep each other accountible. We know, first hand, what happens when we don't get on here & talk to each other... Keep up the great work. Tammy
L C.
on 1/23/07 12:31 am - Port St John, FL
Hey Tammy, I'm in!!!!!!!!!!! I started getting back on track at the beginning of the year. I joined a gym very close to work and it is great. So, my goal for Feb 15th is: 1. Get down to 179. I'm at 182.5 right now. 2. Drink 25 oz of water first thing in the morning...when I do this, I am able to get in 64 oz at least and must times more of liquid. 3. Increase my protein to 60 grams a day. 4. Excerise 5 times a week for 45 minutes. 5. Get to bed by 10 p.m. each evening to get plenty of rest. Okay, those are my goals! Lori 293/182.5/150
auntlorlee
on 1/23/07 1:21 am - Bellingham, WA
Hi long lost sister! It's good to hear from you!! I am glad I started something here. We all kinda just feel to the wayside and no body was posting anymore. I missed everyone so much! I have been trying hard to keep my promise to myself to do better. Eating better and staying away from the carbs. Trying to drink more water. Here is my goals: 1. Lose 6 lbs so I can be at my goal by Feb. 23rd ( I have lost 8 lbs in the last week) 2. Get back to exercising 3 times a week 3. Get my protein back up to what it SHOULD be... 4. Drink my water 5. Take better care of myself...(more on that in a separate post) Thanks for posting this! I think we all needed some new motivation! Lori 281/146/140
Dawn B.
on 2/4/07 2:05 am - Anderson, CA
Hi Tammy, I haven't been here since the 22nd so I'm just seeing your message - already missed my 18-month anny (isn't that amazing that it's been that long!) so my goal date will be the end of Feb. instead. Exercise for me was an issue before - off/on - little inbetween - and guess what - still the same. . Oh well, only have myself to be disappointed in. Vitamins are generally good - I get in at least 3 of 5 in a day, with all of them in at least 4 days a week - so that's an okay area. I really, really fell off the water intake so I started a couple of weeks ago by starting my day with a 24oz bottle of water that I added a heaping spoonful of BeneFiber and a tube of Crystal Light. That got me going on water and in other ways! Then to continue my water intake I bought a new toy - a $30 water bottle! It tells you how much water you need to drink based on your weight - for me - 68oz - then it tells you how many oz, the date, time, and the percentage to your goal. Fun, but now I'm going to the bathroom every 20 mins. Weight got up 7 lbs above goal last week - purely because of almost non-stop snacking - and not protein - and not exercising - unless you want to call my 1 day - hour long - walk a week exercise. I've managed to lose 3 of those so far -I've been watching Ellen and she's using an exercise ball - and I've used one during physical therapy before - so... got a ball last night and a mat - now to set the goal to use it. So... goals are: By February 28 I would like to 1. Back at 135 2. Working out a minimum of 3 times a week 3. Get back to basics of 3 meals, one protein snack - 75/25 protein/everything else. 4. Continue 68 oz of liquids a day 5. Continue with vitamins & calcium daily Thanks Tammy! You're the best. Dawn